How do I apply for Foundation scholarships?
Where can I get help with my ESSAY?
Do I need a Letter of Recommendation?
- It is highly recommended that you have more than one available.
- Not all scholarships require a letter of recommendation.
- Scholarship application requirements are different for each scholarship. If one is required, you will be prompted for one when applying.
Do I need to fill out a FAFSA to qualify for Foundation scholarships?
- Not all Foundation scholarships require a FAFSA but it is recommended to have the FAFSA completed for maximum scholarship consideration.
Will I be notified of scholarship awards?
You will ONLY be notified if you are awarded a scholarship.
How will I receive the scholarship award?
- Scholarship funds will be posted to the student account after final drop dates.
What does my scholarship pay for?
- Scholarships are applied to tuition, fees and on-campus housing, up to the maximum award / tuition & fees cost. (Unless otherwise stated in the criteria).
What happens if I have a tuition waiver like a Graduate Assistantship?
- A student can receive a tuition waiver & a scholarship up to, but NOT TO EXCEED cost of tuition and fees, which can allow for additional credits to be taken over the amount covered by tuition waiver.
- Unused funds will roll over to subsequent semesters during the same academic year, provided the student continues to meet the minimum eligibility requirements.
How can I get additional questions answered regarding the GSU Foundation scholarships?
***DO NOT email time sensitive questions.
FAQs for scholarship AWARDEEs
Do I need to provide a photo?
Yes. Photos will be used for GSU Foundation marketing and fundraising purposes.
Am I required to attend GSU events?
Scholarship recipients may be asked to attend GSUF events throughout their academic progress to meet and thank donors. (There are no in person events during COVID).
What if my eligibility status changes after I am awarded the scholarship?
Students must maintain all eligibility criteria as listed in each scholarship through end of semester in which the scholarship is awarded.