Yes. You're ready.
If you're ready to start (or complete) your undergraduate degree and don't want to anxiously await your admissions to Governors State University, our two fast-track options, Transfer Thursdays and Freshman Fridays, can fulfill your needs!
In the meantime, you can still stay on top of the process by
submitting your application for admission. Our application portal is online and
may be accessed remotely. The Office of Admission will remain staffed and
is available to answer any questions you may have! Virtual and individual
appointments are available. Please email email@example.com to schedule.
Please note, if you have
submitted an application for admission, we do require all official transcripts from all previously attended institutions. Transcripts can be
mailed to the address listed below, or may be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may check the status of you application at any time by contacting the
Office of Admission.
If you have any questions or
concerns, you may reach the Office of Admission at (708) 534-4490 or email@example.com.
Office of Admission
Governors State University
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
Visit GSU, submit your completed application and official transcript(s)*, and get your admission decision all in the same day. Tour our campus, learn how to finance your education, speak with an admission counselor, and learn about student resources.
You are ready for Transfer Thursdays if:
- You have earned at least 24 semester credit hours or more of college coursework.
- You have 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA.
- You can obtain official transcripts from your previously attended institutions(s)
Application deadlines apply to some undergraduate programs. Please review our list of undergraduate degree programs for admission requirements and deadline information about your program of interest. Nursing, and Social Work programs are not eligible for instant admission.
How to Register
Click here to register for a Transfer Thursday!
Governors State University has been monitoring the evolving outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and has decided to take the following precautionary measures. The University’s first and foremost concern is safety of all individuals. Transfer Thursdays are cancelled. More details to follow regarding other future dates.
Visit GSU, submit your completed application for admission, have your application fee waived, official ACT scores and official transcript(s)*, and get your admission decision all in the same day. Tour our campus, meet with financial aid advisors, speak with an admission counselor, and learn about student resources.
You are ready for Freshman Fridays if:
- You have 3.0 or higher GPA on a 4.0 scale (unweighted).
- You have a minimum ACT composite score of 19+ with at least a 19 in English and a 19 in Math or an SAT total score of 980+.
- You can obtain a copy of your official high school transcript (with an official seal in a sealed envelope)
- You can obtain official ACT scores or SAT total score (scores may be posted on your official transcript).
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.534.4490.
Please note, although R.N. to B.S.N. is not an available major for freshmen, the GSU/Prairie State Nursing Pathways Program is available to freshmen.
How to Register
High school counselors are encouraged to contact our office to schedule a Freshman Friday session for seniors who meet Freshman Friday qualifications.
Freshman Instant Decision Days+
Are you a graduating high school senior with a minimum 2.75+ unweighted GPA and an 19+ composite ACT or 980+ SAT total score?
What you'll need to do:
- Bring official high school transcript(s) in a sealed envelope or arrange to have it sent to Governors State University by email: email@example.com
- Bring official ACT or SAT scores or arrange to them sent to Governors State University by email: firstname.lastname@example.org (if your scores are on your official transcript, you may omit this step)
What will happen Freshman Instant Decision Day:
- Arrive to campus the day of the event so that we can be sure to process your application
- Tour the campus and/or Prairie Place Student Residence Facility
- Meet with an admissions counselor
- Meet with a freshman advisor
- Obtain information about GSU's financial aid process
- Obtain an on-site admission decision*
- For more information contact the Office of Admission 708-534-4490
Students who do not have a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.75 and an 19 ACT composite (with minimum English and math sub scores of 19 or English) or 980 SAT may be considered for admission.