There is a shortage of valuable knowledge present in the field of Information Technology. Earning your Master of Science in Information Technology (MS in IT) at Governors State University will prepare you to meet the high-demand for careers in senior-level positions. Learn from faculty who have industry experience and hold the certifications that will provide you with the necessary skills to succeed at any profession in the world of IT.
There are many reasons why Governors State's MS in IT program is perfect for you:
- In addition to having the most affordable graduate tuition in Chicagoland, Governors State is the only public university in the area offering a graduate degree in IT, which provides you the unique opportunity to gain an exceptional and accessible education.
- Technology job growth in the Chicago area is booming with 6,000 jobs added in 2018 alone, and a 73% increase in fields like 5G and artificial intelligence, as originally reported by Downers Grove-based tech giant CompTIA.
- Online, in-person, and hybrid courses are available so you can create a schedule that works best for you.
With a MS in IT, you will have the chance to advance your career, or even change it. Here are just a few of the potential opportunities that will become available with your degree:
- Senior Data Engineer
- Cyber Security Manager
- Director of Software Engineering
- Senior IT Project Manager
- Business Intelligence Manager
As a graduate student, you will practice in virtual and physical labs, allowing 24/7 access with a real touch in the complex technology world. Learn advanced skills in software and hardware such as:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- Certified Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Certified IT Operations Specialist (CIOS)
- GIAC Certifications
- Security Essentials (GSEC)
- Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN)
- Continuous Monitoring Certification (GMON)
- Certified Forensics Examiner (GCFE)
"There has been a proliferation of businesses in the surrounding areas that are in need of professionals with advanced degrees in infrastructure administration and cybersecurity. The MIT program is designed to fill the ever-evolving need for students to have a higher understanding of complex topics."
– Rich Manprisio
, MPM, PMP, MS in IT program coordinator
Get to know your other mentors from the MS in IT program.
Admission Requirements & Curriculum
Learn more about the admissions process by joining us for an Open House.
How to Apply
Take the first step towards improving your career and apply today.