Start with us. We’re here to help.
Navigating all of the moving parts that make up a whole
university can be overwhelming – even intimidating – for students. The Office of the Dean of Students advocates for and with students to provide
access across a wide spectrum of areas.
We work closely with university services and community
agencies to clear a pathway to success in areas such as university policies
and procedures, academic performance, and personal crises.
Visit the Office of the Dean of Students to learn what
resources are available to you. Regardless of your need, we help students succeed!How can we help?
- Provide an opportunity for students to share their feedback, questions, or concerns
- Help students understand and navigate through the university policies & procedures
- Support students in making decisions related to educational,
personal, and other barriers that may impede on the completion of their
- Connect students with campus and community resources
- Provide initial notification to university faculty/staff in the event of a major illness/injury
- Assist with emergencies that impact a student's educational experience
- Consult with faculty and staff about addressing student behavior, including misconduct, disruptive behavior, students of concern, or students in distress
The Office of the Dean of Students is open Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
*Although the campus is open from 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., the Office of the Dean of Students business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. and staff will be available in person in C-1310 Tuesdays and Thursdays. For a faster response, please e-mail email@example.com. If this is an emergency, please contact the Department of Public Safety at 708-534-4900 or call 911.
Concerned about a student’s behavior or well-being? Share your concern with the CARE team.
Need help accessing food, housing, or other basic needs? Contact GSU4U for assistance and referrals to campus and community services.
Complaints & Grievances
We want to hear from you! Submit a complaint or grievance if you have a concern about your experience at GSU.