As Illinoisans continue to Stay Home to flatten the curve of the coronavirus, the Governors State community continues to preserve while supporting each other. Until these uncharted waters settle, GSU is taking steps to move forward.
- All employees except those whose presence is essential to minimal campus operations are asked stay at home.
- Public safety officers, facilities workers, student housing personnel, and those who are critical to delivering distance learning are examples of those employees who must be physically on campus.
- To accommodate remote learning, classes and most university functions have moved to a virtual environment, including Library research, tutoring and other services offered through the Academic Resources Center and Academic Advising.
- The campus will be open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday to serve students who need access to technology. Access is restricted to faculty, staff, and students who are advised to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing while on campus.
- The Cube is open to serve faculty, staff, and students from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- The Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park is open but with access restricted to employees deemed essential (public safety officers, facilities workers, student housing personnel), and to students on campus for resources that support distance learning.
- Governors State University will postpone the May 2020 Commencement ceremonies, and all other public events on through the remainder of the spring semester.
Due to the cancellation of regalia pick-up, all Commencement 2020 regalia will be delivered to each graduate's doorstep. This includes all graduate package items as well, such as diplomas, diploma covers, medallions, etc.
Please click here for more information on receiving your regalia.
- All our residence halls will remain closed with approved exceptions through spring semester.
- All athletic facilities have been closed through the spring semester.
For more information regarding our response to COVID-19, please visit our following pages:
COVID-19 community updates and resources are available below.