Welcome to Spring Semester!
updates from President Cheryl Green and the AY 20-21 Campus Operating Plan
to learn full details
of how Governors State is planning to continue providing high-quality education
in a safe environment this fall. The plan also outlines general guidelines
for those working on campus. CDC and state guidelines change often so
please check this site for updates
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet of distance between yourself and others; face coverings are required while on campus.
- All employees except those whose presence is essential to minimal campus operations are asked stay at home.
- Public safety officers, facilities workers, student housing personnel, and those who are critical to delivering distance learning are examples of those employees who must be physically on campus.
- Regular building hours are as follows:
Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Click here to learn about exceptions for holidays and emergency closures. Faculty, staff, students, and visitors are advised to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing while on campus.
- The Cube is open to serve faculty, staff, and students from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- To accommodate remote learning, and most university functions have moved to a virtual environment, including Library research, tutoring and other services offered through the Academic Resources Center and Academic Advising.
- The Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park is open to the public from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year.
The A building entrance provides access to the closest restrooms during regular campus hours (below). Masks are required to enter the building. Please visit the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park website for more details.
Monday–Friday: 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 - 9 p.m.
- Prairie Place will remain open for the spring semester. More information will be available soon.
- No date has been set for 2020 Commencement. Check the Commencement website for updates.
For more information regarding our response to COVID-19 in specific areas, please visit our following pages:
COVID-19 community updates and resources are available below.
Emergency Response Team Updates
ResourcesLocal and GSU