updates from President Cheryl Green and the Fall2020 Campus Operating Plan
to learn full details
of how Governors State is planning to continue providing high-quality education
in a safe environment this fall. The plan also outlines general guidelines
for those working on campus. CDC and state guidelines change often so
please check this site for updates
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet of distance between yourself and others; face coverings are required while on campus.
- All employees except those whose presence is essential to minimal campus operations are asked stay at home.
- Public safety officers, facilities workers, student housing personnel, and those who are critical to delivering distance learning are examples of those employees who must be physically on campus.
- The campus will be open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday to serve students who need access to technology. Access is restricted to faculty, staff, and students who are advised to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing while on campus.
- The Cube is open to serve faculty, staff, and students from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday.
- To accommodate remote learning, and most university functions have moved to a virtual environment, including Library research, tutoring and other services offered through the Academic Resources Center and Academic Advising.
- The Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park is open to the public from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday. The restrooms at the “A North” entrance are designated for use by visitors of theNate.
- Prairie Place will remain open for the fall semester. More information will be available soon.
- No date has been set for 2020 Commencement. Check the Commencement website for updates.
For more information regarding our response to COVID-19 in specific areas, please visit our following pages:
COVID-19 community updates and resources are available below.
Emergency Response Team Updates
Local and GSU
State and National