The Educational Opportunity Centers program provides counseling and information on college admissions to qualified adults who want to enter or continue a program of postsecondary education. The program also provides services to improve the financial and economic literacy of participants. An important objective of the program is to counsel participants on financial aid options, including basic financial planning skills, and to assist in the application process. The goal of the EOC program is to increase the number of adult participants who enroll in postsecondary education institutions.
Eligible to Apply if:
- A U.S. Citizen (or permanent resident or other stated resident)
- adults 19 years of age and older (or if under 19 and not able to be served by a Talent Search project)
- Expresses a desire to enroll, or is enrolled in a program of post-secondary education
- Be of low-income background
- Potential first-generation student
*Veterans are encouraged to applyApply now
- • Financial aid application and scholarship assistance
- • College Planning, admissions and application assistance
- • Academic, Career, and Personal Counseling
- • Transfer Assistance
- • GED referral assistance
- • Adult Ed ESL Assessment
- • College Visits
- • Enrichment workshops
*All services provided by GSU Educational Opportunity Center are free to the participant.
Location & Hours
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
Community Outreach Specialist
ELL/GED Training Specialist
Find free money to help pay for school via Scholarship Universe or Fastweb. One on one appointments are available. Contact an EOC staff member to request an appointment.