International students that are currently enrolled at Governors State University, or that have recently completed their programs, can check here for important information about registration, employment, travel and relevant topics.


Important forms for international students are located here.

Registration Requirements

F-1 & J-1 international students have registration requirements in order to maintain their immigration status.


Immigration regulations for F-1 & J-1 international students dictate their employment options.


International students should read the information on this page before traveling outside the United States.

Update Address / Information

F-1 & J-1 international students must report all changes of their personal information directly to the Office of International Services.

Student Letters

The Office of International Services writes letters for students that they will need throughout their stay in the United States.

Change of Status

The Office of International Services helps individuals that will be applying for a change of their immigration status to F-1 student status in the United States.

Program Extension

There are options available to extend the length of stay for international students in order to complete their academic program.


Please reference this section if you will be departing from Governors State University.