Students with special needs are at a disadvantage of receiving the education they deserve, due to the scarcity of teachers within the field of special education. By earning your Master of Arts in Multicategorical Special Education (MCSE), you will become the mentor that is imperative for the academic and social growth of students with special needs and make a crucial impact on their lives.
Why the MA in MCSE program is perfect for you:
- As a special education teacher, you will have the privilege of making a positive difference in the lives of the students you will mentor, as well as their families, for a truly rewarding experience.
- Services for students with special needs are increasing. With a MCSE, your unique skillset will improve your chances of being hired–even before you graduate!
With an MA in MCSE, you will have the chance to advance your career, or even change it. Here are just a few of the potential opportunities that will become available with your degree:
- Special Education Teacher
- Special Education Coordinator
- Special Education Course Developer
- Director of Special Education
Study Track Options
The MCSE program offers four different study tracks that will further your education:
- Initial Licensure – Master of Arts in Multicategorical Special Education
- Seeking the initial license? Upon completion of this 39-credit hour study track, you will receive your Professional Educators License in Special Education and Master of Arts in Multicategorical Special Education.
- Advance Licensure – Master of Arts in Multicategorical Special Education
- Already have your teaching license? Strengthen your teaching resume with this 37-credit hour study track by earning you Master of Arts in Multicategorical Special Education.
- LBSI Subsequent Endorsement
- Already a teacher but not looking for a master’s degree? Earn your LBSI Subsequent Endorsement with only 12 additional credit hours with this study track.
- Director of Special Education Subsequent Endorsement
- Already making an impact in the field of special education? Advance your career with the SPED Director Subsequent Endorsement study track in only 12 credit hours.
“Becoming a special educator was one of the best career decisions I ever made. While it is certainly a challenging profession, there are many rewards. Imagine helping a student reach their potential. Nothing in education could be more fulfilling!”
– Dr. Steven Russell, MCSE Program Coordinator
View the requirements for admission and your degree, as well as courses for each study track option, by visiting the MA in MCSE program catalog
Learn more about the admissions process by joining us for an Open House.
How to Apply
Take the first step towards improving your career and apply today.