Health Administration Honor Society
Upsilon Phi Delta
Students enrolled in GSU's Health Administration and Health Informatics programs are eligible for the membership in the GSU Chapter of Upsilon Phi Delta, the Health Administration Honor Society.
Upsilon Phi Delta is a national academic honor society for students in health administration. It is a member benefit of the Association of University Programs in Health Administration. Upsilon, Phi and Delta are Greek words for health, care, and leadership, respectively.
The Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society - Governors State University Chapter (UPD-GSU Chapter) is an active member of the Upsilon Delta National Honor Society and is comprised of qualified students from both graduate and undergraduate programs of Health Administration and Health Informatics.
For additional information on the honor society, please visit the Association of University Programs in Health Administration's webpage.Visit AUPHA
THE MISSION OF THE UPD-GSU CHAPTER
The mission of the Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society is to recognize, reward, and encourage academic excellence in the study of healthcare management and policy.
The goals of the Society are as follows:
- To encourage interest in academic preparation for careers in healthcare management and policy
- To promote activity that will elevate the standards, ideals, competence, and ethics of women and men preparing for careers in healthcare management, policy, and leadership
- To provide financial assistance through scholarships to outstanding students pursuing academic degrees that prepare individuals for careers in healthcare management, policy, and leadership
- To recognize, by means of granting honorary memberships, individuals who have made outstanding contribution to the profession
Undergraduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.25 of 4.0 scale in 18 hours of work after officially declaring a health admission (BHA) or health informatics (BSHI) major at the Governors State University. Graduate students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.5 based on at least 18 hours of graduate work in health admission (MHA) or health informatics (MSHI) programs at the Governors of State University.
ADMINISTRATION OF THE UPD-GSU CHAPTER
- General Administration:
- The Chair of the GSU Health Administration Department appoints a full-time faculty member to administer the UPD-GSU Chapter
- The Chapter administrator is responsible for conducting all the affairs of the Chapter, including the following:
- Recruiting members.
- Administering students and alumni applications.
- Keeping record of membership.
- Communicating with UPD members.
- Planning special events and programs for UPD members.
- Planning new members' induction ceremony.
- Administering members' scholarship applications.
- Posting news and information on the Health Administration Program website.
- Serving as a liaison between the Health Administration Department and UPD National Honor Society.
- Membership contribution: Members possess a lifetime affiliation with UPD with a one-time membership fee of $40 that covers the cost of UPD recognition pin, cord, certification, and induction ceremony.
- Administrator: Dr. Jennifer B. Groebner, Senior Lecturer of Health Administration Department, email@example.com
- Official Colors: The official colors of the Honors Society are Crimson Red and Blue.
For a membership application to Upsilon Phi Delta, the GSU Chapter of the Health Administration Honor Society, please click on the link below. Applications and fees are due by February 15. Contact Dr. Jennifer B. Groebner at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.Apply Now
UPSILON PHI DELTA INAUGURAL INDUCTION CEREMONY
The Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society - Governors State University Chapter (UPD-GSU) conducts UPD induction ceremony once a year. For more information, please contact Dr. Jennifer Groebner at email@example.com.