Graduate and Undergraduate students of the Department of Health Administration and Informatics at GSU gain valuable management and leadership experience through their involvement in the Student Healthcare Management Association.
STUDENT HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (SHCMA)
GOVERNORS STATE UNIVERSITY
Student Healthcare Management Association (SHCMA) is a non-profit, non-religious and non-political organization for Undergraduate and Graduate students in the Department of Healthcare Administration. It is comprised of students from both graduate and undergraduate programs of Health Administration and Health Informatics.
NEWS AND EVENTS
SHCMA shows students how to beat stress by coloring at Homecoming 2021!View More Photos
MISSION OF THE SHCMA
- To encourage academic excellence in the field of healthcare administration.
- To promote Health Administration Program at Governors State University.
- To develop professional relationships with local and regional Health Services Executive groups that encourage academic and career opportunities.
- To provide opportunities for student involvement, recognition, and presentation of the Health Services Administration profession.
- To provide opportunities for meaningful interaction among Health Services Administration students, faculty and staff.
SHCMA supports the mission of the Department of Health Administration and Informatics, College of Health and Human Services, and Governors State University.
Membership is open to all Health Administration and Health Informatics students of the Department of Health Administration and Informatics at the Governors State University regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, creed, marital status, public assistance status, or sexual orientation.
The panel of SHCMA officers consists of the following:
- Vice President
- Activities Chair
- Communications Chair
All officers must be currently enrolled in Governors State University, and elected by the members of SHCMA.
LEADERSHIP AND OFFICERS
Current Leadership TBA
- Communications Chair:
- Activities Co-Chair:
For more information about SHCMA please contact Ms. Kimberly Egizio SHCMA Faculty Advisor SHCMA@govst.edu.