Here, you are honored.
Please visit our updated webpage here: https://www.govst.edu/veterans/
Governors State University helps you earn your degree as you pursue an advanced military role or civilian career. We're here to support veterans, active-duty service members and their family members who are pursuing their education. Our military representatives know where you've been and where you want to go; many have military backgrounds and are specialized in the program you wish to pursue. Our motto "Veterans Helping veterans" derives from Veterans being in vulnerable positions, needing guidance from other Veterans. We believe in helping others to succeed. It is our endeavor to serve you.
- Adherence to the VA Principles of Excellence program guidelines.
- Military representatives who understand the culture and lingo you're used to because most have military backgrounds
- Military tuition rates for Active-duty, National Guard, Select Reserve service members, military spouses and eligible dependents
- Help navigating the application process for GI Bill benefits and other financial aid
- A wide range of programs at all levels - from Associate through Doctoral
- An education that helps prepare you with the skills and knowledge you'll need for professional life after military
- Career transition resources, including an online tool that helps translate your military experience into corresponding civilian jobs
Please visit the Veterans Resource Center located in the GMT Building.
Please click here to email the Veterans Resource Center with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
Thank you and we look forward to serving you!