The Governors State University Testing Center is dedicated to providing a secure and professional testing environment for the local community and students of our campus.
The Governors State University Testing Center provides the campus students and community with testing services for the following:
Register here for your exam appointment today!
GSU Testing Center accepts appointments for CLEP, DSST, GSU Academic
Course Exams, and Outside Institution Exams via RegisterBlast. (PearsonVue
Testing including the GED® is excluded from RegisterBlast registration.
Please use your exam sponsor's website to register for PearsonVue Testing.) Please follow the link here to the RegisterBlast website to make your appointment for testing services.
Non-GSU Students utilizing the Testing Center (excluding Pearson VUE testers):
A $15.00 Sitting Fee
payment is required for all persons who are not a current GSU student to utilize the GSU Testing Center. Persons utilizing the GSU Testing Center for PearsonVue Testing (including GED®) are excluded from this requirement. For all other exam types, please go to https://www.govst.edu/TestingCenterPayment/ to complete payment.
Please note that the following policies apply to all testing provided by the Testing Center:
- GSU Students and community members are required to schedule in advance of their requested test date.
- To schedule a GSU academic exam date and time, please use REGISTER BLAST. Contact the Testing Center at 708.235.7555 or email testingcenter@GOVST.EDU if you need additional assistance.
- For Pearson Vue and PSI exams, appointments to test can be made using the links at the top of this page with the Governors State University Testing Center selected as the testing site.
- For proctored examinations, CLEP exams, and DSST exams appointments must be made via Register Blast.
- The Testing Centers hours are subject to availability. Please see the
Hours of Operation listing on our main page for detailed open/close
- A valid photo ID is required for all testing services, both in-person and online. (If testing through Peason Vue, please follow client guidelines outlined when you register for your exam, as multiple ID’s may be required and all ID's need to be official and government issued.)
- Testers may arrive up to 30 minutes early for their examinations to check-in, and be seated if space allows. Late arrivals may be denied based upon the policy of the exam being taken.
- There is no food or drink allowed in the Test Center, but these items may be accessed during a break. (See individual test policy for details.)
- Personal items, such as cellphones, other electronics, and bags are prohibited from being brought into the testing room. Personal items may be stored in a supervised locker outside of the testing room. (GSU students may be allowed certain items as permitted by their professor.)
- Children cannot be left unsupervised outside of the testing center.
- For Online exams only: If taking an online exam using Proctor 360, your computer must have a camera and microphone and they must use Google Chrome. You will be sent two emails from Proctor 360, one to test your technology prior to your exam, and a second email with the exam links once technology check's have been completed. Please complete check's prior to your exam appointment time.
- Please arrive on time for your online appointment. If you are beyond 15 minutes late for your online exam appointment, your appointment will be marked as a "no show" and you will be asked to reschedule.
- Your desk must be cleared of all personal items during an online exam. Only permitted test materials should be on your desk during an online exam. This will be confirmed via webcam prior to the exam start.
For any questions about Governors State University Testing
Center policies or procedures, please contact us at 708.235.7555 or email testingcenter@GOVST.EDU.