The Testing Center at Governors State University offers seating for individual student course examinations at professor request.
If an exam or quiz needs to be made up, a student needs to take a retest, or special accommodations need to be made, instructors have the option of using The Testing Center at GSU. Testing can be done at the Testing Center or virtually using Proctor 360. Currently, there are 14 of 23 seats available in the Testing Center and appointments are required. No walk-ins will be accepted at this time. Due to COVID-19 safety regulations, all persons entering the GMT Building, where the Testing Center is located, must be wearing a face mask.
Responsibilities of the Instructor:
- Contact the Testing Center via email (email@example.com) or phone (708-235-7555)
- Complete the GSU Faculty Test Request Form located at www.govst.edu/testing-center and return it via email to testingcenter@GOVST.EDU.
- Please provide all testing materials to the Testing Center with the exam request.
- The Testing Center will send the student an email (copy to instructor) requesting they contact the center to schedule their test.
- All testing materials and video of online proctoring sessions will be maintained for six months.
Responsibilities of the Student:
- Students are required to schedule their exam with the Testing Center for in-person exams at the Testing Center, and for online exams using Proctor 360.
- Students must present a valid photo ID for both in-person and online testing.
- If taking an online exam using Proctor 360, the student’s computer must have a camera and microphone.
- Phones or other electronic devices are not permitted during a test unless approved by the instructor. Calculators on cell phones are not authorized for any test.
- To schedule an exam date and time, please contact the Testing Center at 708.235.7555 or email testingcenter@GOVST.EDU.
Responsibilities of Testing Center Staff:
- Schedule and maintain all student testing appointments.
- Follow all instructions and details provided by the instructor.
- Phones or other electronic devices are not permitted during a test unless approved by the instructor. Any violation of this should be addressed immediately and reported to the instructor.
- Collect all materials from student once test is complete (exam, scratch paper, etc.).
- Tests are not to be administered if the instructor has not contacted Testing Center staff.
GSU Faculty Test Request Form
Click "Learn More" link to download form.Learn More