Here, you empower others through strong leadership.
- Complete the GSU online application (email@example.com/apply).
- A statement of interest (click for the form). (Upload in application portal)
- A vitae or resume. (Upload in application portal)
- Official transcript indicating a completed master’s degree from
an accredited program. 3.0 GPA or higher is required may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Three letters of reference forms (recommended: two (2)
academic and one (1) professional. (Upload in application portal)
- GRE or MAT scores. GRE scores consist of a combined score of 300
or its equivalent, plus a score of 4.0 or better on the Analytical Writing
section; to register, go to http://www.ets.org/gre. Only
GRE scores from the past five (5) years will be accepted. GRE prep materials
can be found online at:http://www.ets.org/gre/revised_general/prepare/. MAT
information can be found at http://www.pearsonassessments.com/postsecondaryeducation/graduate_admissions/mat.html (Not applicable at this time.)
- Interview with the admissions committee (not all applicants will
- For the Superintendent strand you must hold a valid Illinois
Professional Educator License with a General Administrative/Principal
endorsement (Upload in application portal) and have two years experience in an administrative position.
Admission deadline for Fall 2022 has been extended to May 10, 2022.
Carla Johnson is the Academic Advisor in the College of
Education. She can assist you with the application process and answer your
questions about the admission process. Contact her via
- The Ed.D. Interdisciplinary Leadership Admissions Committee will
review all completed applications. Based on this review, some applicants
will be contacted to arrange an interview with the Admissions Committee (note:
the Admissions Committee will not interview all applicants).
- Applicants will be notified of the Admissions Committee's final
decision by the end of August.
- Information sessions will be held at GSU on a weekday in the
evening. Please click on the "information sessions" tab for more
information. If you plan to attend one of these sessions, send your
RSVP to email@example.com.
- Please note that students admitted into the Fall
cohort must attend mandatory program orientations held in
January and August - dates TBD.
- Appeals concerning admission decisions may be made only if it is
contended that there has been a material procedural error in the
Interdisciplinary Leadership Doctorate Program admission process. Appeals must
be made by the applicant in writing to the College of Education, Division
Chairperson, within 15 days after the date on the decision letter.