We are here to assist the GSU community!
GSU4U is an initiative to strengthen support for student success. GSU4U connects students facing personal difficulties, such as food and housing insecurity, to campus and community resources. We are dedicated to assisting all students, no matter how serious or small the situation may seem.
What we do:
- • Assist students to navigate campus resources to strengthen their academic journey
- • Connect students to community resources that assist with housing, food, clothing and financial support
- • Assist students with applications for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) food purchasing benefits, as well as assist with operations for the GSU Food Pantry
- • Assist students with applications for CCAMPIS federal grant funds to provide free or discounted childcare at GSU Child Development Center
- • Facilitate workshops that raise awareness about basic needs insecurities and the impact on student success
- • Provide GSU4U personal hygiene care bags
- • Provide school supplies to incoming freshman and students as needed
What students say:
"GSU4U has been the bridge to help me to succeed here at GSU. The hardship of being a student without a stable place to live is extremely difficult especially when you do not have a family support system. GSU4U has given me access to resources and stability that will help me to succeed in my program and to continue towards graduation. I believe in GSU4U." - Anonymous Student
Need assistance? Reach out to us. Your information will be kept confidential.
Office Location: A-2124
Office Hours: Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
If this is an emergency, please call the GSU Department of Public Safety at 708.534.4900 or local police at 911.
Academic & Career
Health & Wellness
Please refer to the list below to download and fill out all intake forms. Once filled out, please send all completed forms to email@example.com.
*Off-campus organizations and resources listed on this website are provided for informational purposes only and does not constitute or imply an endorsement of the organization by Governors State University. The views and opinions expressed in any referenced document do not necessarily state or reflect those of Governors State University.