Explore our campus.
Come visit us!
Visiting Governors State University is the best way to find out what sets us apart from other universities. You can get to know GSU with a GSU Student Ambassador or fellow GSU Student. During the campus visit you will:
- Take a tour of our campus.
- Inquire about departments and programs that interest you.
- Learn about student services the university offers you.
- Learn about degree programs.
Individual / Small Group Campus Tours: Please click here to schedule a tour.
Tour Schedule: Monday - Friday at 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
Summer Schedule: Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 11:00 a.m.; Tuesday & Thursdays at 3:00 p.m. *alternating weeks*
Campus tours are walking tours provided by a GSU Student Ambassador or a GSU Student. On your tour, you can visit various departments and campus resources, and you will see why students choose to become GSU Jaguars! Individual Campus Tours are provided for individuals or small groups of less than 10 people. You must schedule a visit using the link above, as we cannot guarantee that we can accommodate walk-ins.
Please call the Office of Admissions at 708-534-4490 if you will be late. After 10 minutes, your tour will be cancelled and need to be rescheduled.
Group Campus Tours: Please click here to request a group tour.
Tour Schedule: Tuesday - Thursday at 11:00 a.m.
*Group tours are not available during Summer semester.*
Our Fall 2023 schedule is now available.
Group tours are typically available Tuesday through Thursday at 11:00 a.m. Expect a response within 3-5 business days; group visits must be confirmed. Please do not arrive without a confirmed visit. Groups of more than 10 students should plan at least THREE WEEKS in advance. Visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. We only accommodate one group at a time.
- High-School group tours include admission information, and a tour of the campus.
- Please contact us no later than 3 days before your visit, if the number of attendees changes.
- Cancellation Notice: If your tour needs to be cancelled, it is ESSENTIAL that you notify us at least 3 days in advance for rescheduling purposes.
- Visiting groups should provide 1 chaperone per 10 students
- As a chaperone, you are required to accompany and monitor students throughout the entire tour/visit.
Group Tours should be scheduled at a minimum of 3 weeks in advance of the desired visit. Group Tour dates fill quickly; therefore, we recommend that you contact us as soon as you would like to schedule a group visit to campus. We are unable to accommodate any tour groups that are not scheduled and confirmed by the GSU Group Tour Coordinator.
The Office of Admission does not provide weekend tours or walk-ins.