We can't wait to meet you
Explore our campus.
Come visit us!
Visiting Governors State University is the best way to find out what sets us apart from other universities. You can get to know GSU with a GSU Student Ambassador or fellow GSU Student. During the campus visit you will:
- Take a tour of our campus.
- Inquire about departments and programs that interest you.
- Learn about student services the university offers you.
- Learn about degree programs.
Individual Campus Tours: Please click here to schedule an individual campus tour.
Campus tour are walking tours provided by a GSU Student Ambassador or a GSU Student. On your tour, you can visit various departments and campus resources, and you will see why students choose to become GSU Jaguars! Individual Campus Tours are provided for individuals or small groups of less than 10 people. Your tour must be approved.
- Summer Availability: Tuesday - Thursday: 9:00 am, 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm
- Please check with the Office of Admission at (708) 534-4490 for Saturday availability.
- An Admissions Representative MUST confirm your request. Expect confirmations within 3 business days. Please note: The campus tour will start promptly. If you are running late, you may need to reschedule. If you have questions about your visit, contact Peter Judge in the Office of Admission at firstname.lastname@example.org, or browse our Tour FAQs for quick answers. Individual Campus Tours require a two weeks' notice.
Group Campus Tours: Please click here to schedule a group tour of campus.
Group tours are available most Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m. Expect a response within 3 business days. Group visits must be confirmed. Please do not arrive without a confirmed visit. Groups of more than 10 students should make arrangements at least THREE WEEKS in advance. Visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. We only accommodate one group at a time.
- High-School group tours include admission information, and a tour of the campus.
- Please contact us no later than 3 days before your visit, if the number of attendees decreases.
- Cancellation Notice: If your tour needs to be cancelled, it is essential that you notify us at least 3 days in advance for rescheduling purposes.
- Visiting groups should provide 1 chaperone per 10 students.
- As a chaperone, you are required to accompany and monitor students throughout the entire tour/visit.
Group Tours should be scheduled at a minimum of 3 weeks in advance of the desired visit. Group Tour dates fill quickly; therefore, we recommend that you contact us as soon as you would like to schedule a group visit to campus. We are unable to accommodate any tour groups that are not scheduled and confirmed by the GSU Group Tour Coordinator.
The Office of Admission does not provided Sunday tours.