A group of 2021 MSHI graduates/ international students with Dr. Qamar, Health Informatics Program Director. The MSHI program at GSU welcomes students with diverse and amazing backgrounds, skills, and abilities!
Health informatics, focused on advances in health technology, has the potential to facilitate and improve patient-centered care. Patients, providers, payers, policy-makers, and technology vendors all benefit from its growth and implementation. With a Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI), you will acquire the skills to enhance the healthcare system in our society and a broad range of career opportunities.
There are many reasons why Governors State's MSHI program is perfect for you:
- Learn how to access health data to forecast healthcare trends and improve operations
- Develop leadership and change management skills
- Demonstrate the ability to advance the delivery of quality patient care through the use of analytics
- Gain insight into the resources needed to optimize the use of information technology in healthcare research and clinical services delivery
- Be eligible for mid-level administrative/management positions in healthcare delivery systems, consulting firms, governmental organizations and research organizations
With a MSHI, you will have the chance to advance your career, or even change it. Here are just a few of the potential opportunities that will become available with your degree:
- Health Informatics Specialist
- Clinical Informatics Specialist
- Informatics Nurse
- Clinical Analyst
- Clinical Informatics Manager
"Our program is designed to prepare future health informaticists by providing them with essential skills in the design and development of modern healthcare information systems that focus on value-based care. In addition, our faculty and facilities supply students with opportunities to practice applying informatics in a setting that is authentic to their future careers." – Dr. Nafees Qamar
, MSHI program coordinator
Get to know your other mentors from the MSHI program.
Admission Requirements & Curriculum
View the requirements for admission and your degree by visiting the MSHI program catalog.
To learn even more about our program's requirements, how to apply, and job outlook, please refer to our MSHI fact sheet.View MSHI Fact Sheet
Dr. Nafees Qamar
Health Informatics Program Director
Health Administration Department
Governors State University
Phone: 708-534-4032Dr. Ning Lu
Chair and MHA Program Director
Department of Health Administration
Learn more about the admissions process by joining us for an Open House.
How to Apply
Take the first step towards improving your career and apply today.