Governors State University Library
Mission, Vision, and Core Values
The Governors State University Library is an integral part of the teaching and learning process. The library provides members of the GSU community access to superior information resources supporting instructional, scholarship and services activities of the University, that promote diversity and responsible citizenship, and the strengthen regional partnership. Through instruction and consultation in information literacy, the University Library nurtures users to be lifelong learners.
The Governors State University Library envisions a Library whose resources and services are central to academic achievement and lifelong learning .
- Focus on students
- Outstanding collection supporting scholarship and the curriculum
- Great customer service
- Timely access to information
- Commitment to resource sharing
- Dedicated library faculty and staff
- Community outreach and engagement