With the safety of the campus community at heart and in compliance with the Governor Pritzker's Stay-at-Home order, Governors State University is limiting on campus access to personnel essential to minimal campus operations, effective at 5 p.m. Saturday, March 21 until further notice.
- All employees except those whose presence is essential to minimal campus operations are asked stay at home.
- Public safety officers, facilities workers, student housing personnel, and those who are critical to delivering distance learning are examples of those employees who must be physically on campus.
- To accommodate remote learning, classes and most university functions have moved to a virtual environment, including Library research, tutoring and other services offered through the Academic Resources Center and Academic Advising.
- The campus will be open from 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Monday through Friday to serve students who need access to technology. To keep everyone safe, students are asked to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing while on campus.
- Governors State University will postpone the May 2020 Commencement ceremonies, and all other public events on through the remainder of the spring semester.
- All our residence halls will remain closed with approved exceptions through spring semester.
- All athletic facilities have been closed through the spring semester.
For more information regarding our response to COVID-19, please visit our following pages:
COVID-19 community updates and resources are available below.