Free COVID-19 Vaccinations
The Will County Community Health Center is offering free COVID-19 vaccinations every Wednesday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. at its Monee location, 5601 Monee-Manhattan Road.
As a public health strategy, Will County officials recommend households plan to be vaccinated at the same time. Appointments are required. Call (815) 727-8670 today for an appointment next Wednesday.
SHIELD Illinois COVID-19 Testing Starts Tuesday, March 30, 2021
Beginning Tuesday, March 30, 2021, Governors
State University will offer weekly SHIELD Illinois COVID-19 testing at
no cost to employees and students.
Test administrators will be available between 1
p.m. and 2:30 p.m. every Tuesday and from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on
Thursdays in the Hall of Honors though late June.
Governors State partnered with SHIELD Illinois to provide the salvia-based
COVID-19 tests at no cost to employees and students this spring in an
effort to ensure a safe campus community and the return to normal operations. The saliva-based test is less invasive than the nasal swab screen and efficiently detects coronavirus variants, as well. Though the test is voluntary, the university is encouraging everyone to participate.
“Science tells us that consistent testing – even
after vaccination – and safe social practices will help keep communities
healthy,’’ said Paul Bylaska, Vice President for Administration &
A University of Illinois program, SHIELD Illinois requires individuals to
deposit a small amount of saliva in a vial. The process usually takes
less than five minutes and provides results within 24 hours.
To get tested, individuals should create an account on the MySHIELD portal
and schedule their test appointment. Please follow the URL to the
SHIELD Illinois portal website
- click on “Sign up for an Account”
- enter the Agency Code: 9i508lu5
- follow the prompts to create your portal account
On the day of testing, please bring a photo ID and the QR code provided when you scheduled your appointment. To ensure the highest quality samples, individuals should not eat, drink (including water), chew gum, smoke, or use tobacco products within 60 minutes of providing a saliva sample.
Any food or drink consumed could produce an inconclusive result and require additional testing. Test results will be posted in the patient portal within 24 hours.
Visit the Governors State
COVID updates page for more information on the university’s response
to the pandemic. For more information on the saliva test, visit the SHIELD Illinois website.
Welcome to Spring Semester!
Full details on Governors State University’s plan to continue providing high-quality education in a safe environment are available in the AY 20-21 Campus Operating Plan.
The plan outlines general guidelines for those working on campus and a revised spring calendar. CDC and state guidelines change often. Please check this site frequently for updates.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet of distance between yourself and others; face coverings are required while on campus.
- All employees except those whose presence is essential to minimal campus operations are asked stay at home.
- Public safety officers, facilities workers, student housing personnel, and those who are critical to delivering distance learning are examples of those employees who must be physically on campus.
- Regular building hours are as follows:
Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 10:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Click here to learn about exceptions for holidays and emergency closures. Faculty, staff, students, and visitors are advised to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing while on campus.
- The Cube is open to serve faculty, staff, and students from 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- To accommodate remote learning, and most university functions have moved to a virtual environment, including Library research, tutoring and other services offered through the Academic Resources Center and Academic Advising.
- The Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park is open to the public from dawn to dusk, 365 days a year.
The A building entrance provides access to the closest restrooms during regular campus hours (below). Masks are required to enter the building. Please visit the Nathan Manilow Sculpture Park website for more details.
Monday–Friday: 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Saturday: 7:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sunday: 12 - 9 p.m.
- Prairie Place will remain open for the spring semester. More information will be available soon.
- No date has been set for 2020 Commencement. Check the Commencement website for updates.
For more information regarding our response to COVID-19 in specific areas, please visit our following pages:
COVID-19 community updates and resources are available below.
Emergency Response Team Updates
ResourcesLocal and GSU
State and NationalCARES Reports