Internet Options when on Campus

Students and staff have several options for connecting their computers to the Internet. GSU has wireless networks within all buildings that are designed for specific uses. 

How to Connect to Wi-Fi On Campus

In order to connect to the Wi-Fi, look for the network name titled "GSU Device." To connect, it does not require a password but will require the user to know their wireless MAC address. In order to find your mac address please follow the steps for each operating system below:

Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11

  1. Click on the Windows logo (the Start Menu) in the bottom left corner.
  2. In the search box, type cmd and press enter.
  3. In the command prompt, type getmac and press enter/return.
  4. The Physical Address will be your MAC address.

Mac OSX (10.9.x and above)

  1. Click on the Apple Menu in the top-left corner of your screen, and choose the System Preferences menu item.
  2. Click on Network.
  3. Click on Wi-Fi.
  4. Click on the Advanced button.
  5. The Wi-Fi Address will be your wireless MAC address.


  1. In a terminal window type ifconfig and return.
  2. You'll see a list of interfaces. Your wireless interface will likely be named wlan0 or wifi0. The wireless MAC address will be in the field labeled HWaddr.
  3. You can also use iwconfig to find your wireless MAC address if you have it installed.
  4. Click on the Advanced button.
  5. The Wi-Fi Address will be your wireless MAC address.

    Wired Connection Option for On Campus Living

    Each dorm room/suite has wired high speed Ethernet port connections that can be connected to an individual device such as an internet enabled TV, laptop, PC or game console. Students are to provide their own Ethernet cable to make the connection. 

    Personal Routers or Network Switches

    GSU does not permit residents to install their own wireless routers or network switches. If either of these devices are detected on the network, ITS will either block the device or the entire port in the room. The student will then be contacted by a housing staff member or ITS staff.