Advance your bachelor's degree and social sciences expertise by enrolling in our Social Sciences Education Certificate program. Achieving this certification will allow you to help the next generation of students understand our culturally diverse world and guide them towards becoming leaders of social progress.
Our program will provide you with many advantages that ensure an exceptional and accessible education:
- Classes are offered in on-campus, online, and hybrid formats to accommodate all types of schedules.
- Most accessible tuition rate in Chicagoland area.
- Program leads to Initial High School License–qualifying you to teach Secondary Social Studies.
- Field experiences and student teaching are integrated in to program coursework to give you the opportunity of gaining valuable training and professional connections.
- Skills acquired in program will enable you to educate students on how to make an impact the world and create positive social change.
|“The Secondary Social Science program at GSU provides students a strong content background and the pedagogical skills to be a teacher who can actively engage students in the study of social sciences disciplines. Students are prepared through multiple and diverse field placements to gain experience in actual educational contexts, and through course work that combines theory and content with hands on learning experiences.”|
– Dr. Lisa Pennington, Social Sciences with a Concentration in Teacher Education Program Coordinator
- Have a cumulative average G.P.A. of 2.75 or higher in all lower division courses applied to the degree program.
- Submit a word-processed essay, under 300 words in length, explaining why you wish to be a teacher.
- Complete EDUC - 2310 Foundations of Education (3), (or equivalent) with a grade of "B" or better.
- Attend Secondary Education Orientation.
Learn more about the admissions process by joining us for an Open House.
How to Apply
Take the first step towards improving your career and apply today.