What's New? COMING SOON
Stay tuned for Latinx Resource Center news and an exciting slate of upcoming events!
The mission of the Latinx Resources Center (LRC) is to intentionally serve Latinx students by creating an intersectional and empowering space where they are supported, appreciated, and culturally represented.
The LRC fulfills its mission and builds “confianza” with students and communities by:
- • Promoting an inclusive environment through the development of educational, social, intersectional, professional, and cultural programming.
- • Mentoring Latinx students to achieve academic and professional success.
- • Educating high school Latinx students and their families about college enrollment, financial aid, and support programs.
- • Supporting Undocumented, DACA, and students from mixed-status families.
Whether you are a first year, transfer, or graduate student, we are here to intentionally serve you. Our goal is to create a safe and affirming space where you feel welcomed. We will offer both in-person and virtual programs to accommodate students' needs. Below is a list of programs you can expect to see on a semester basis.
Types of Programs
• In-person or virtual advising appointments
• Monthly professional and cultural Workshops
• Virtual “Sesion de Informacion” for prospecting students
• High School Empowerment Presentations
• Group Mentoring Sessions
• Undocumented/ DACA support
Meet the Director: Emmanuel Lopez
Emmanuel Lopez is a first generation professional with roots in Mexico. He was the first in his family to obtain an associate, bachelor, masters, and honorary degree in his family. He is passionate about helping Latinx students and their families navigate the college landscape and help them thrive.
Have questions or need help?
Feel free to reach out to Emmanuel via phone, email, or by scheduling an appointment:
Get Involved on Campus: ALAS
The Association of Latin American Students (ALAS) is a student club dedicated to creating a welcoming and nurturing environment for Latinx students and allies interested in learning more about Latin cultures, as well as providing and informing Latinx students about all Latinx Student Resources available at GSU.
Our club's pillars are the following:
- • Community Building
- • Leadership Development
- • Mentorship
- • Learning more about Latin cultures and becoming an ally
ALAS Fall Scholarship
Application opens in Summer. More information coming soon.