Provide accessible and quality health and human services professions education;
Foster a commitment to lifelong learning, scholarship, professional ethics, diversity, and social justice; and
Infuse its programs into community partnerships for the health, well-being and economic development of the region.
CHHS Core Values
Act honestly and ethically with all constituents.
Create an environment that fosters trust and mutual respect.
Collaborate with all stakeholders and work together toward common goals by sharing responsibility, authority and accountability.
- Commitment to academic and professional excellence through teaching, service and scholarship.
- Commitment to engaging diverse communities.
- Commitment to providing educational access.
- Commitment to fostering sustainable communities of support.
- Commitment to the health and well-being of the region and especially vulnerable populations.
CHHS aspires to be:
- A global leader in preparing professionals in practice, education, service and scholarship;
- A recognized leader in advancing evidence-based professional practice;
- A recognized leader in our professional and clinical practice doctoral programs;
- The college of choice for students and faculty/staff seeking active engagement with a diverse community of learners; and
- Nationally recognized for distinctive achievements in teaching, scholarship, research and service.
The Mission, Core Values and Vision Statement of the CHHS were ratified by the College's faculty and staff at the fall All-College meeting, held Friday, September 26, 2008, in the Hall of Honors at Governors State University.