Congrats! You are officially a Jaguar!
As an incoming freshman, you are a vital part of our community. For this reason, we want you to start your college career on the right track. To begin, please take the time to review the acceptance packet you received when you were admitted and follow these next steps to complete your enrollment:
1. Set up Your Online Accounts
Start your journey as a Jaguar by activating your myGSU portal. Once you activate it, you will have access to your official GSU email account, course registration, new student orientation (also called R.O.A.R), financial aid, news, events, and Blackboard–your virtual classroom.
Find your myGSU portal at mygsu.govst.edu and activate it by locating the login information in your letter of acceptance. Access your official GSU email within your myGSU portal using the same login information.Activate myGSU
2. Do the FAFSA
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.FAFSA.gov to qualify for all types of financial aid. Use GSU’s school code—009145—to make sure we receive your financial aid information.
After completing your FAFSA, your financial aid status will be available in your myGSU portal approximately one week after your admission. You can also log into your myGSU portal to determine if you have missing information and view your award letter.
The FAFSA opens October 1, and students who complete it early have the best chance of getting Illinois Monetary Assistance Program (MAP) grants.
Expedite the financial aid process by following these steps:
- Provide your social security number to the Office of Admissions if you did not include it on your admission application.
- Check your GSU student email often for updates regarding your financial aid status.
- Submit documents as soon as possible—they must all be provided before your eligibility is determined.
Have questions? Contact GSU's Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.Do the FAFSA
3. Attend an Admitted Student Day
Join us at Admitted Student Day to learn more about your next steps in becoming a GSU student as you meet your fellow classmates and speak to representatives from the Offices of Admissions, Financial Aid, New Student Programs, and Advising. Click below to RSVP for one of the available dates:
RSVP for Admitted Student Day
- Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 9, 2023 at 10 a.m.
- Saturday, January 20, 2024 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, February 6, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 20, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9, 2024 at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, March 28, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 9, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 27, 2024 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 8, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 5, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 22, 2024 at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, July 9, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday, July 20, 2024 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 7, 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
4. Confirm Your Enrollment to Reserve Your Spot
Make your $50 nonrefundable enrollment deposit by logging into your application portal at https://apply.govst.edu/apply/. Don't worry- your deposit with be applied to your first semester of tuition.
Students who submit their $50 enrollment deposit by May 1st for Fall entry (or December 20th for Spring entry) will receive a $200 book scholarship!Submit your deposit
5. Complete Placement
Undergraduate students are asked to complete placement activities in both math and writing. These placement activities will help determine which course options in math and English will best fit with students’ prior educational experiences and future educational goals. You will discuss your placement activities during your first academic advising appointment.Learn more
6. Complete ROAR Orientation
All freshman students are required to attend our R.O.A.R Freshman orientation offered throughout the spring and summer before you begin at GSU. At R.O.A.R. you will learn all the details about becoming a Jaguar including your GSU support system, how to navigate through your next steps and register for your first semester classes. RSVP online at: https://apply.govst.edu/portal/roarLearn more
7. Submit Your Immunization Records
Every student at GSU is required to submit immunization records in order to complete the enrollment process and to comply with state of Illinois regulations. All records must be submitted through MedProctor.
- Visit www.medproctor.com
- Click "register" and create an account in MedProctor using your GSU email address
- Complete your MedProctor Profile
- Download and print the Immunization Certificate
- Take the Immunization Certificate Form to your medical provider for completion
- Upload an image of the completed Immunization Certificate form to MedProctor–you may also upload additional documents to verify immunization compliance
Have questions? Please contact the Office of the Registrar for more details at 708-235-7154 or e-mail email@example.com.Submit your recordsMore info
8. Finalize Your Admission - Send Your Official High School Transcripts and Test Scores
Arrange to have your official documents sent to the Office of Admissions in one of the following ways:
- Email: School officials may send the official transcript to: firstname.lastname@example.org or send official transcripts through Parchment transcript services www.parchment.com
- Drop off in person: Office of Admissions, D1400
- U.S. Mail: Office of Admissions 1 University Parkway, Room C1300 University Park, IL 60484
All documents must be in a sealed, unopened envelope from the originating institution
How to access your GSU ACT and SAT scores:
- Request your GSU ACT scores at www.actstudent.org/scores using code 1028.
- Request your GSU SAT scores at www.sat.collegeboard.org/scores using code 0807.
- Fall Semester: July 30
- Spring Semester: January 2
Once you complete your online ROAR Orientation, your next step is registering for your first semester at GSU! Novalla Coleman, your Academic Advisor, will reach out to you to schedule a one-on-one appointment to determine your focus area courses, explore different majors and pathways to professional programs, and discuss your plan for success.
If you have any questions please contact Novalla at 708-534-8393 or email@example.com.
Don't forget your deposit!
Secure your seat in GSU’s freshman class by submitting your $50.00 deposit. Students who submit their $50 enrollment deposit before the deadline will receive a $200 book scholarship!
Spring: December 20 | Fall: May 1Submit your deposit