The Governors State University (GovState) Alumni Association exists to create opportunities for personal and professional development, partnership, mentorship, and belonging among our alumni. In addition to these opportunities, the Alumni Association provides member benefits on and off campus.
Are you a GSU Alumnus or certificate holder? Congratulations! You’re already a member.
Upgrade your membership today for even more awesome benefits.
We have three alumni membership options with details below. Please complete this form to sign up for your membership.
Memberships are processes on a yearly basis. Prices below are for one (1) year.
*Starting July 1, 2023, all memberships will return to a membership fee model and will no long be classified as a donation. Please contact the Alumni Relations Department if you have any questions.*
- Alumni Membership: Free
- Premium Membership: $100
- Lifetime Membership: $15 per month for five (5) years as a monthly recurring payment
Below you will find the detailed descriptions of what is included with each type of membership.
Alumni Membership (Formerly Basic Alumni Association Membership)
All GSU alumni qualify to receive a free alumni membership upon graduation.
Click Here to sign up for your free Alumni Membership.
- Monthly Alumni newsletter. Email email@example.com to sign up.
- Membership in alumni clubs
- Free on-campus workshops. Workshops are announced periodically via email blast or social media.
- Access to University Library (computer use requires guest log-in from the Reference Desk)
- Access to Career Services
- Invitations to alumni events
- Use of the on campus Cyber Café (requires guest log-in from Library Reference Desk)
Premium Membership (Formerly Premium Alumni Association Membership)
Your Premium Membership just got better. We are happy to introduce new and improved membership amenities.
Sign up for the $100 per year membership to receive these premium benefits:
- All of the Alumni Membership benefits listed above, plus
- 75% off Recreation Fitness Center Membership. Contact: 708.534.4941 for instructions.
- Free Home Game Passes & 50% off concessions. Visit: www.gsujaguars.com for game schedule.
- **25% off tickets to the Center for Performing Arts. Visit: "All Events by Date" for schedule.
- **25% off School of Extended Learning Courses. Click Here for a list of courses.
- Library Access and check out privileges.
- Access to the Cube Computer Lab.
- Invitation to campus events, workshops, and networking opportunities.
- Additional Career Services access. Visit: www.govst.edu/careerservices for information.
- Discounted Chicago Sporting Events. Contact AlumniRelations2@govst.edu for schedule.
- Voting privileges and qualification to seek office in the Alumni Association
**To receive these discounts as a Premium Member, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for your discount access code.Premium members prior to August 1, 2023
who wish to renew their membership, please contact the Alumni Department to discuss your discounted membership options. Email AlumniRelations2@govst.edu
or call 708.534.7892.
Alumni Advocate Membership (Coming Soon)
Lifetime Members receive all Premium Membership benefits for life.
A Lifetime Membership is $15 per month for five (5) years through monthly recurring payments. Click Here
to process your Lifetime Membership.
*Lifetime Members under the previous model will retain lifetime status under one of two conditions a) lifetime status has been obtained by July 1, 2023 or b) lifetime status payments have begun by July 1, 2023.
Your membership fee and donations assists the Alumni Association in providing programs and services for alumni and student experiences to enhance their personal and professional lives.
Sign up for a membership online or in the mail:
Online: Complete the Online Form & Payment Process OR
Mail: First Download the Fillable Form, complete & mail along with check to:
Governors State University Alumni Association
Attn: Kimberly Gonzalez, D34200
1 University Parkway
University Park, IL 60484
Questions: Email us at email@example.com or
Call us at +1.708.534.7892