The College of Education prepares its students to be reflective lifelong
learners; advocates for diversity and social justice; and engaged, effective,
transformative educators and mental health professionals.
The College of Education will be a recognized regional leader in the
preparation and ongoing development of educators and mental health
professionals. The College will be especially acclaimed for its leadership in
the following areas:
- Performance-based assessment practices.
- Field-based and clinical practice.
- Evidence-based process improvement.
- Achievements in teaching, scholarship, research, and service.
- Education sustains democracy.
- Education provides powers of concentration and worthy objectives upon which
- Education is a life-long journey worth the effort.
- It is our professional responsibility to create and maintain a learning
environment that builds up the human spirit, both socially and intellectually.
- We remake the world when we share our intellectual ideals, model ethical
standards, embrace human diversity, and engage in civil and professional