Veteran's Emergency Fund:
The Veterans Emergency Fund was established to assist veteran and military-connected students with out-of-pocket educational expenses not covered by state or federal benefits. This fund supports GSU student veteran's with immediate educational funding needs up to $250. These micro grants shall be awarded on an “as-needed” basis. Educational needs can include: required textbooks, supplies, tuition and fee charges, etc. that exceed the coverage offered by your state and federal benefits.
1) Must be a degree seeking student veteran enrolled at Governors State University;
2) Must have requisite documents on file with the University verifying veteran status;
3) Must provide document of the shortfall and need of micro-grant
1) Community Honors Scholars
2) Employees of the University, excluding students receiving financial aid or state funds
For additional information contact the Veterans Resource Center at email@example.com or 708-235-7597
Please note: Students may be awarded from the Veterans Emergency Fund once per academic year.
Click here to complete a Veteran's Emergency Fund Application Form
For Donations to the Veteran's Emergency Fund or the Veteran Excellence Fund:
Please complete our online donation form at https://www.govst.edu/Giving_Veterans_Resource_Center/