Each employee has a responsibility to protect data, computers, mobile devices and physical areas. Never leave sensitive reports on your desk for a sustained period of time. Change passwords especially if you shared them with an associate. Think before clicking; the percentage of phishing URL traffic is over four (4) million per day. Don't take the bait.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Who is this from?
- Why would that person send this email?
- Why does the tone not match the sender?
- Why are there spelling errors?
- Why do they want me to click on a link?
- Why would they send me this file?
When in doubt…
1. Stop: Don’t click links or open files
2. Read: Carefully, look for red flags
3. Confirm: Call the person sending
4. Consult: GSU ITS Help Desk
Tips on Spotting a Phish
- Verify the email source.
- Look for typos and other errors.
- Check links before clicking on them.
- ITS will never ask you for your password.