The University Housing staff is eager to welcome you to your home away from home.
As you prepare for your move, here are some helpful guidelines and tips:
- Instructions on check-in will be provided via your GSU email along with your room assignment and meal plan information.
- Students must show a photo ID before receiving their room key. Keys can only be issued to students, not family members/friends.
- Students that are not Immunization Compliant or have not submitted Immunization records through the MedProctor website that GSU utilizes, will NOT be allowed to move in to Prairie Place until Immunizations are confirmed with GSU's Registrar's Office. More information on how to submit Immunization records can be found here.
Fall 2021 Move in
The official move in dates for Prairie Place for Fall 2021 is below:
Move In Days
Friday, August 27 - Sunday, August 29
9 am – 6 pm (must sign up for time slot using link in Housing Assignment Letter)
What to Bring and Not Bring
It is a good idea to have a conversation with your room/apartment mate(s) to plan who is bringing what for the room/apartment as space can be limited. A suggested list of what to bring can be found here.
Because of safety concerns, certain items are not permitted in the residence hall. Please review the list of What Not to Bring prior to your arrival. More information about the safety regulations and prohibited items can be found in the University Housing Handbook.
- Resident Students are provided a meal plan according to their Housing Type: Information about which meal plan a resident has been assigned is found in their Housing Assignment email. More information about meal plans can be found here.
- Monies can be added to your myONECARD using the Cash to Card machine located in the Hall of Governors in the C building. New students will receive a myONECARD when they attend orientation.