- Graduation from an accredited baccalaureate/masters program in
- A minimum nursing cumulative Grade Point Average of
3.5, on a four-point scale.
- Evidence of current registered nurse license..
- A personal statement 1-2 pages describing goals and
rationale for applying to the program.
- Three (3) letters of professional/academic
recommendations are required.
- Validation of previous Nursing clinical *contact hours.(*1000 verifiable post baccalaureate clinical hours required for the award of the DNP degree. Up to 500 hours may be applied from previous Nursing clinical at the Masters for post Masters admission hours). Any deficiency in clinical hour credit, that would result in a failure to meet the 1000 hours prior to graduation must be made up by taking Nursing 8701 with enough repeats to satisfy the clinical deficiency. Depending upon the number of hours deficient a student's progress in the DNP may be halted early in the program but no later than entry into the role practicum to assure that all hours are completed on time.
- The Nursing program reserves the right to deny admissions to any student whose clinical hour deficiency is such that it is clear that they cannot complete the 1000 hours required without putting a significant strain on faculty resources.
admissions materials are submitted to the admissions office, letters of
recommendation, personal statement, etc. All decisions will be rendered
6-8 weeks after due date for applications. The DNP application deadline is May
1st, every year. Applicants are admitted to the DNP program
for fall semester only. Apply Online today for admission to the
information, visit the Department of Nursing website,
call 708.534.4040, or email the Department of Nursing at NursingAdvisor@govst.edu.
Additionally you may contact the Coordinator of the DNP program Dr. Cathy
Tymkow, firstname.lastname@example.org or
for your interest in Governors State University.