Click here for the Gainful Employment Disclosure for this Certificate Program
Post Master's Clinical Mental Health Counselor Certification
This certificate is designed for candidates that already possess a Master's degree in Counseling or Psychology and now wish to pursue a certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
In addition to the GSU graduate certificate requirements for admission, applicants must:
- Provide evidence of having completed a Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in counseling or psychology;
- Be LPC or LPC eligible; and
- Have a graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Fill out a Certificate Application online and pay the $50 fee (please write "PMCMH" in the spot that asks for a certificate code).
- Provide official master's transcript (minimum GPA 3.0).
The faculty monitors and evaluates student progress continuously. The Counseling Department Faculty and Student Handbook provide a specific description of the standards used to evaluate student progress.Conditional Continuation
The faculty may permit a student to progress conditionally. In such cases, faculty review of the applicant's records and performance identifies evidence that the student is likely to be successfulin the program.The status of all students permitted to progress conditionally is reviewed by the faculty each semester, and students are informed in writing of the conditions necessary for them to be transferred to good standing status.Whenconditions are met, the student is transferred to good standing status. Students may not be admitted to the culminating project without achieving good standing status.
Students must meet all university requirements fora certificate. See the internship manual or materials for additional information.
I. Required Preparation/Prerequisite Courses(9 Hours)
- COUN 6630 Counseling Theories (3)*
- COUN 7810 Beginning Counseling and Human Relations Skills (3)*
- COUN 7855 Assessment and Treatment Planning (3)*
*or equivalent courses
II.Clinical Mental Health Counseling RequiredCertificate Courses (15 Hours)
- COUN 7633 Community Counseling (3)
- COUN 8842 Practicum I: Individual & Vocational Counseling (3)
- COUN 8845 Practicum II: Individual & Vocational Counseling (3)
- COUN 8848 Crisis Intervention & Trauma Counseling (3)
- COUN 8849 Psychopharmacology & Substance Abuse Counseling (3)
III. Total - minimum of 15hours
Academic Advisor: Jeanetta Edwards, 708.534.4973, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gainful Employment Disclosure