We can't wait to meet you
Visiting Governors State University is the best way to find out what sets us apart from other universities. You can get to know GSU with a GSU Student Ambassador or fellow GSU student. During the campus visit you will:
- Take a tour of our campus.
- Inquire about departments and programs that interest you.
- Learn about student services the university offers you.
- Learn about our degree programs.
- Submit an application during your visit if you meet admission requirements and are ready to apply to GSU!
Daily Campus Tours
Campus tours are walking tours provided by a GSU Student Ambassador or a GSU student. On your tour, you can visit Prairie Place residence hall, various departments and additional campus
resources. Daily campus tours are provided for individuals or small groups of less than 10. Daily campus tours must be approved. The following options are provided:
Main campus only: Approximately 45 minutes.
Prairie Place Residence Hall only: Approximately 30 minutes.
Main campus and Prairie Place Residence Hall full tour: Approximately 75 minutes.
All tours MUST be confirmed. To sign-up for an individual or small group tour select the following link:
Individuals or groups of less than 10 – Schedule a tour.
- Monday through Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Saturday tours are provided twice each month at 10 a.m. except on holiday weekends.
- Please check with the Office of Admission at 708-534-4490 for Saturday availability.
- An admissions representative MUST confirm your request. Expect confirmation within 3 business days. Please note: Tours are not private. The campus tour will start promptly. If you are running late, you may need to reschedule. If you have questions about a daily visit, contact email@example.com or browse our Tour FAQs for quick answers. Individual campus tours require two weeks' notice.
Group Campus Tours
Groups of more than 10 students, please email Lise Schneider at firstname.lastname@example.org. Group tours are available most weekdays at 10 a.m. Expect a response within 3 business days. Group visits must be confirmed. Please do not arrive without a confirmed visit. Groups of more than 10 students should make arrangements at least THREE WEEKS in advance.
Visits are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis. We only accommodate one group at a time.
- High school group tours include admission information, a tour of campus and a tour of Prairie Place residence hall.
- Please contact us no later than 3 days before your visit, if the number of attendees decreases.
- Cancellation Notice: If your tour needs to be cancelled, it is
essential that you notify us at least 3 days in advance for rescheduling
groups should provide 1 chaperone per 10 students.
- As a chaperone you are required to accompany and monitor students throughout the entire tour/visit.
Group Tours should be scheduled minimally 3 weeks in advance of the desired visit. Group Tour dates fill quickly; therefore, we recommend that you contact us as soon as you would like to schedule a group visit to campus. We are unable to accommodate any tour groups that are not scheduled and confirmed by the GSU Group Tour Coordinator.
The Office of Admission does not provide Sunday tours. If you have additional questions, please contact Lise Schneider, email@example.com, for more information and/or to schedule a campus tour. All tours MUST be confirmed by admissions.