*Undergraduate applicants with GPAs between 2.0-2.5 are required to:
o Meet with the Study Abroad Coordinator to discuss academic and personal preparedness to study abroad.
o Ask a professor who has had them in class to submit a Letter of Recommendation.
o Submit an additional essay explaining why their GPA is below 2.5.
The essay should demonstrate that:
o Their GPA is stable or improving.
o They have strong academic and/or personal interests in their study abroad location and/or courses, which are apparent in their course choices at GSU, extracurricular activities, application essays, etc.
o They have a compelling academic rationale for studying abroad during the term(s) indicated.
In addition to the above criteria, in order to participate in a study abroad program, you must meet/demonstrate the following requirements:
1. Evidence of maturity, responsibility and preparation for study abroad.
2. Good financial standing with no holds on your GSU student account.
3. Good academic and community standing at time of application and up to the point of travel.
4. Pay all fees to the program in full.
5. Attend GSU’s Pre-Departure Orientation.