Master of Occupational Therapy Accreditation
- The Governors State University Master of Occupational Therapy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), located at 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 200, North Bethesda, MD 20852-4929. ACOTE’s telephone number c/o AOTA is (301) 652-AOTA and its web address is acoteonline.org
- Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapist administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- To view National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) certification pass rates for graduates of our program please visit: https://www.nbcot.org/en/educators/home#schoolperformance.
- After successful completion of this exam, the individual will be an Occupational Therapist, Registered (OTR).
- In addition, all states require licensure in order to practice; however, state licenses are usually based on the results of the NBCOT Certification Examination.
Program outcomes for the past 3 years are:
|Year of Graduation/Year of NBCOT Exam||Number of students Matriculated /Graduated||Graduate NBCOT pass rate|
|2019/2020|| 29/28||Not reported yet|