The Testing Center at Governors State University offers seating for individual student course examinations at professor request.
If an exam or quiz needs to be made up, a student needs to take a retest, a professor has a group testing request, or special accommodations need to be made, instructors have the option of using The Testing Center at GSU. Testing can be done at the Testing Center or virtually using Proctor 360.
Responsibilities of the Instructor:
- For individual or group proctored exam requests, please complete the GSU Exam Proctor Request Spreadsheet and email it to the Testing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please provide advance notice with exam requests. All requests are subject to seating availability.
- Large group exam requests should be made at least 1 month in advance to ensure availability. The Testing Center runs 5 simultaneous exam platforms, and must scale seating for your exam accordingly.
- Please provide all testing materials to the Testing Center with the exam request, including exam files and any supplemental materials at the time of your request.
- Please specify the exam length, time period of availability, online passwords, etc.
- Please list exam length without time added for accommodations. Our department adds this time in collaboration with the ASSD Office.
- The Testing Center will send the student an email requesting they contact the center to schedule their exam.
- If exam details change after a request is made, such as a deadline extension, the professor must contact the Testing Center to provide updated details or changes will not be made to the exam request.
- All testing materials and video of online proctoring sessions will be maintained for six months.
Responsibilities of the Student:
- Students are required to schedule for exams with the Testing Center. We do not allow "walk-in's".
- Students must present a valid photo ID for both in-person and online testing.
- If taking an online exam using Proctor 360, the student’s computer must have a camera and microphone and they must use Google Chrome.
- Phones or other electronic devices are not permitted during an exam unless approved by the instructor. Calculators on cell phones are not authorized for any exam.
- All students must read the Testing Center policies at https://www.govst.edu/tests-administered/ prior to their exam.
- To schedule an exam date and time, please use REGISTER BLAST. Contact the Testing Center at 708.235.7555 or email testingcenter@GOVST.EDU if you need additional assistance.
Responsibilities of Testing Center Staff:
- Schedule and maintain all student testing appointments.
- Follow all instructions and details provided by the instructor.
- Phones or other electronic devices are not permitted during a test unless approved by the instructor. Any violation of this should be addressed immediately and reported to the instructor.
- Collect all materials from student once test is complete (exam, scratch paper, etc.).
- Exams are not to be administered if the instructor has not contacted Testing Center staff.