Alumni Recruiters are dedicated GSU graduates who volunteer their time to help recruit students to GSU
The GSU Recruitment Department is responsible for university-wide undergraduate recruitment, traveling within Illinois and Indiana making our presence known at high schools, community colleges, as well as community events.
Due to limited recruiting specialists, they cannot reach every community, and that's where you can help! By volunteering as an alumni recruiter, you can help recruit future generations of GSU Jaguars.
As an Alumni Recruiter, you will be asked to volunteer your time in the following ways:
- Attending recruitment events in your area when possible;
- Contact the parents of admitted students in your area to congratulate their families;
- Volunteers are asked to serve for two years in order to experience two different recruitment cycles. The time commitment is small, 4-8 hours a year.
Goals of Alumni Recruiters:
- Meet the University's Vision 2020 strategic goal by increasing the number of admitted students to GSU.
- Provide information to inquiring students, applicants, admitted, and confirmed students and their families.
- Provide assistance to our recruitment and admissions staff.
- Provide assistance to targeted programs.
How You Can Get Involved
There are many ways to get involved as an Alumni Recruiter. You can participate in all areas, or just those that interest you.Attending or Helping at College Fairs:
Attending fairs at high schools and/or community colleges across the Chicagoland area can be an exciting way to spread Jaquar spirit and offer your experience while at GSU. Visibility at various events is what helps keep GSU current in the recruitment market, and it showcases our offerings to a multitude of people at once. If you don’t know all the answers, don’t worry - your main purpose will be to collect prospective student information and to encourage them to visit GSU in their future.
Attending On-Campus Events:
Open House is a great way to meet students interested in GSU. This will allow prospective students time to ask you questions about your time at GSU and your current work experiences. You can also get reconnected to faculty and staff who helped you along your education trajectory.
Campus Tours is a way for you to re-acclimate yourself to GSU’s environment and show future students how we transformed to a full comprehensive university.
Become involved in an Alumni Recruiting Committee:
You can join fellow alumni in a recruiting committee to assist the recruitment department in its efforts to recruit new students to GSU.
Volunteer at Alumni Events:
By volunteering at alumni and university general events, you are the voice of GSU. Our alumni are active in their communities, and have friends and family that may be interested in attending GSU. As an Alumni Recruiter, you can encourage other alumni to spread the word about our great university.