Dr. Nafees Qamar leads the Health Informatics programs as the Program Director and tenure-track faculty in the Department of Health Administration at GSU. Dr. Qamar holds a Ph.D. in computer science from University Grenoble Alpes, France. With his vision for the informatics programs, Dr. Qamar is collaborating with the department of computer science and management information systems to further develop the health informatics curriculum across multiple colleges and programs.
Prior to joining GSU, he worked as a Visiting Assistant Professor in the Biomedical and Health Informatics program, Department of Computer Science at State University of New York at Oswego. He has also worked as Postdoctoral Research Fellow and Project Manager at United Nations University, and Academic Researcher at Vanderbilt University, Nashville. He holds an honorary Research Fellow position at Southwest University, China. Dr. Qamar's research and teaching interests include health informatics, and software and data security. He particularly investigates the applications of computing science in the areas of biomedical and health informatics and patient privacy. He has published several research articles in health informatics journals and conferences.
- Nafees Qamar and Ning Lu, A Focused Caregiving Mobile App for Alzheimer's Patients (extended abstract), IEEE EMBS International Conference on Biomedical & Health Informatics, BHI 2019, Chicago, IL, USA, May 19-22, 2019.
- Usman Rauf, Mohamed Shehab, Nafees Qamar, and Sheema Sameen, Bio-inspired Approach to Thwart Against Insider Attacks: An Access Control Policy Regulation Framework, 11th EAI International Conference on Bio-inspired information and Communications Technologies (BICT 2019), Springer - LNICST, Pittsburgh (Carnegie Mellon University), United States, March 13-14, 2019.
- Joseph Miles and Nafees Qamar, Med Conformity: Enhance Adherence with Prescription Opioids, IEEE International Conference on Healthcare Informatics (ICHI2018), New York City, NY, USA, June 4-7, 2018.
- Yilong Yang, Xiaoshan Li, Nafees Qamar, Peng Liu, Wei Ke, Bingqing Shen, Zhiming Liu, MedShare: A Novel Hybrid Cloud for Medical Resource Sharing among Autonomous Healthcare Providers, Open Access Journal, IEEE Access, 2018.
- N. Qamar, Y. Yang, A. Nadas, and Z. Liu: Querying medical datasets while preserving privacy in Proc. of the 6th International Conference on Current and Future Trends of Information andCommunication Technologies in Healthcare (ICTH 2016), London, United Kingdom, September 19-22, 2016.
- Y. Ledru, A. Idani, J. Milhau, N. Qamar, R. Laleau, J. - L. Richier, and M. - A. Labiadh: Validation of IS security policies featuring authorization constraints, in Proc. of the International Journal of Information System Modeling and Design (IJISMD), 2015.
- F. Abouzaid, M. Mazzara, J. Mullins, and N. Qamar: Towards a formal analysis of dynamicReconfiguration in WS-BPEL", accepted for Proc. of the Intelligent Decision Technologies, Netherlands, IOS Press, 2013.
- M. Mazzara, L. Biselli, Pier P. Greco, A. Marra, N. Qamar, and S. Nicola: Social networks and collective intelligence: A return to the Agora, Social Network Engineering for Secure Web Data and Services, IGI Global, 2013.
- N. Qamar, Y. Yang, A. Nadas, Z. Liu, and J. Sztipanovits: A tool for analyzing clinical datasets as black-boxes, in Proc. of the 6th International Workshop on Software Engineering in Health Care and 4th Foundations of Health Information Engineering and Systems (SEHC/FHIES'14), LNCS, Washington, July 17-18, 2014.
- Zhiming Liu, N. Qamar, and J. Qian: A quantitative analysis of the performance and scalability of de-identification tools for medical data, in Proc. of the Foundations of Health Information Engineering and Systems (FHIES 2013), LNCS, Macau, 21-23 August 2013.
- N. Qamar, J. Faber, Y. Ledru, and Z. Liu: Automated reviewing of healthcare security policies, in Proc. of the Foundations of Health Information Engineering and Systems (FHIES 2012), LNCS, collocated with Formal Methods Europe, France, October 25-31, 2012.
- N. Qamar, Y. Ledru, and A. Idani: Validation of security design models using Z, in Proc. of the 13th International Conference on Formal Engineering Methods (ICFEM 2011), Durham, United Kingdom, October 25-28, 2011.
- Y. Ledru, N. Qamar, A. Idani, J.L. Richier, and M. Labiadh: Validation of security policies by the animation of Z specifications, in Proc. of the 16th ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Technologies (SACMAT'11), Innsbruck, Austria, June 15-17, 2011.
- N. Qamar, Y. Ledru, and A. Idani: Evaluating RBAC supported techniques and their validation and verification, in Proc. of the 6th IEEE International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security (ARES'11), Vienna, Austria, August 22 - 26, 2011.
- Y. Ledru, A. Idani1, J. Milhau, N. Qamar, R. Laleau, J. Richier, and M. Labiadh: Taking into account functional models in the validation of IS security policies, in Proc. of the WISSE'11 collocated with CAiSE'11 for Springer's Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing (LNBIP), London, UK, June 20-24, 2011.
- N. Qamar, Composition analysis of multiple aspects in aspect-oriented programs, in Proc. of the 16th IEEE Asia-Pacific Software Engineering Conference (APSEC'09), Batu Ferringhi, Penang, Malaysia, IEEE Computer Society, December 1-3, 2009.