Governors State University LSSBB: Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification
This program will prepare the student to lead a selected project while continuously training team members along with leading a change event. Students will complete a Lean Six Sigma project from inception to completion. The student will possess a thorough understanding of all aspects of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, and Control). All statistical tools will be reviewed including graphs and illustrations of real-life discussions, benchmarks and events.
This program will encompass the methodologies learned in both the Yellow and Green Belt certification. In addition, it will include new processes that will be required for project success. Statistical software will be utilized that will assist the student in establishing objectives for decision making. This intensive program will encompass a real-life project with clear objectives and details outlined in the project charter. Milestones and "project check-in's" will be conducted with one-on-one meetings throughout the class with the instructor.
Students can expect, upon completion of their project, to demonstrate a significant improvement in their selected process. Also, as a Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, the student will be prepared to lead future events using the tools and methodologies obtained in the program. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt can be utilized in any industry or marketplace.
Prerequisite: Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification. Certification from outside firms must be reviewed in detail to ensure they meet the prerequisite for Governors State University's Black Belt Certification.
- Learn how to examine current and emerging megatrends—and understand how they affect global business.
- Detect opportunities often overlooked in economic models and learn how to examine such opportunities.
- Learn how to structure your organization to maximize how you leverage global opportunities for competitive advantage.
- Examine strategies for entering foreign markets and explore their relationship you’re your company’s resources and capabilities.
- Examine the risks and rewards of being a first mover or fast followers in leveraging global opportunities.
- Tap into the rising needs of consumers or dormant demand to exploit new markets.
- Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Governors State University Continuing Education Unit.
The LSSBB project consists of three modules.
- Section 1 — Selection Development of Project Plan
- Section 2 — Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control (DMAIC)
- Section 3 — Final Presentation and Submission for Review
Who will benefit from this training?
The intended audience will include Executives, Managers, Front-Line supervisors, Business owners, Engineers and any other practitioners of continuous improvement. Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Governors State University Continuing Education Unit. A basic understanding of statistics is required.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (LSSBB)
Training Classes: Online with Virtual Check in’s
Time Commitment: 12 weeks
Class: $3000 + books
Exam Fee: None
Registration Details: The Black Belt Certificate Program is designed to allow the instructor to work one-on-one with each student. Each student's start date is based on a schedule determined by the student and the instructor.