Effective leaders are adept at juggling different tasks, competent in leading others to deliver high levels of performance, successful in navigating across the organization and are always composed. Such leaders make their work look easy, though it is not.
This program is designed to help managers become a more effective leader. The program will examine the fundamentals of self-management, leading teams and motivating others to accomplish your company’s goals.
Based on relevant readings, case discussions and introspective exercises, participants will gain deeper insights and develop a greater understanding of organizational culture and dynamics, management best practices, the role of the manager, and the nature of influence. You will explore your own personality, strengths and weaknesses, and will begin to determine your own unique leadership style. A key outcome will be your own action plan that you will implement on your return to work and continuously grow your leadership capability.
• Improve your performance by strengthening your management skills
• Manage your team, your boss, and your colleagues more effectively
• Develop a management style that suits your unique personality
• Handle difficult management situations with greater certainty in your decisions
• Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Governors State University Continuing Education Unit
• Distinguishing management myth from reality
• Understanding the motivations of colleagues and competitors
• Recognizing strengths and blind spots in yourself and others
• Building emotional intelligence to communicate effectively
• Influencing others from a position of authority—or without authority
• Managing within organizational hierarchies
• Earning trust and building relationships
• Leading for long-term results
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
This management training program is ideal for new or experienced managers in any function who want to become better leaders. Participants should be ready to grapple with complex and uncertain scenarios without obvious solutions. Required readings shall be distributed upon enrollment.