High performance teams are central to delivering breakthrough results. However, such teams emerge only with intentional and strategic effort on the part of a team leader.
This two-day intensive program is designed to help you understand will first help you understand your leadership style and how it impacts how you create and lead teams. You will also examine the best-practice process from forming a team to leading it to sustained levels of high performance. You will discover how to effectively lead a time in a flexible, but firm manner, helping team members change tasks and behaviors as necessary. Emphasis is placed on honing the capabilities required for leading diverse teams to deliver high levels of performance.
• Understand your own leadership style with the goal of more effectively leading each member of your team
• Assemble and manage diverse teams to optimize innovative and high-quality outcomes
• Map out the conversations to build your team’s infrastructure or analyze an existing one with the goal of enabling each member to do their best work
• Create a plan to address a team challenge you are facing today
• Develop practical skills of resolving conflict, providing feedback, and holding members accountable
• Earn a Certificate of Participation from the Governors State University Continuing Education Unit
• Your leadership style and its impact on individual team members and the team culture
• Common team pitfalls and how to avoid them
• Building a team’s infrastructure that enables individuals to fully contribute
• Leading teams in optimal decision making
• Recognizing the sources of conflict and the different paths toward resolution
• Providing individual feedback for accountability and learning
• Leading teams in continually assessing and improving how they work together
• Applying strategies to virtual teams
WHO SHOULD ENROLL
If you are interested in optimizing your ability to lead and manage teams in ways that result in project success and organizational effectiveness, this 2-day seminar is for you.