Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Center for the Junior Year services and peer mentors are available online. The Center for the Junior Year engages and empowers students in exploring and clarifying their interests and goals, overcoming personal and academic challenges, and connecting to campus resources and opportunities.
The Center for the Junior Year (CJY) remains open online to serve the GSU Community. Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, the CJY Peer Mentors are available at the times below to connect with students. The CJY Director will be available remotely by appointment.
CJY is not an advising center, nor is it a career development center. Working with trained peer mentors, students have a “safe zone” to share their concerns and “design” solutions that fit their particular educational circumstance; from getting through a class to career preparation. The peer mentors help students develop a better understanding of college expectations now and expectations for life after college.
There are multiple ways to reach a CJY peer mentor or CJY staff…
Please visit the GSU COVID-19 website for GSU updates and additional information.
Questions regarding your individual courses (due dates, extensions, grades, etc.) should be directed to your instructors.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding in the circumstances.
Please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
How students engage with CJY:
- Students can sign up to meet with a Peer Mentor who will work with them throughout the year
- Students can set up an appointment with the CJY professional staff
- Students can come during office hours for a walk-in session
- Students can visit our CJY Mobile outreach sites around campus
Benefits of meeting with a CJY Professional Staff:
- Get a better sense of your career/vocational direction and how to build an undergraduate education program that will help you best utilize the resources at GSU
- Think about how to integrate your field of study, experiential learning, and career development
- Learn how your field of study opens the doors to the "hidden job" market, professional school (e.g., Business, Law, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Medical School) or graduate school
The Center for the Junior Year offers all students preparing to transition into their junior year a place to talk about their educational and personal interests and how to find the right academic program to meet their needs. Through the Center, students will get a handle on their career interests and how to turn their interests into academic programs that meet their personal, professional, and educational goals.
The Center is open Monday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Located in C Building room C1321.
Work With A Coach
You can create preparation and opportunities by crafting an undergraduate experience that fits your interest, talents, and career goals. Request a Meeting
Meet Your Advisors
Our goal is simple: we here to help all students make the best of the opportunities GSU has to offer. Meet Your Peer Advisors
Explore CJY Online Resources to open the doors to the "hidden job" market, or graduate or professional school (e.g., business, law, physical therapy/occupational therapy, medical school).