Spring Break is extended for all students until Monday, March 23, 2020.
Governors State University will move to continuity of instruction plans for classes beginning Monday, March 23. These alternative modes of instructional delivery will continue through the remainder of the spring semester. GSU will continue to provide information on the implementation of these measures designed to address the educational and safety needs of our campus community.
For more information about COVID-19 and Governor State’s response, please visit https://www.govst.edu/COVID-19/. You may also email questions directly to email@example.com. GSU's website is updated regularly and contains a Frequently Asked Questions section.
IF YOU STAY
Resident students currently on campus who are able to go home should do so as soon as possible. However, International students, out-of-state students, or students experiencing housing insecurity and need to remain in Prairie Place should fill out the Special Housing Request form (found on the Take Care of Business page), which will notify University Housing that you are in Prairie Place and keep your access to the building turned on.
For those who need to remain in Prairie Place, please complete the Special Housing Request form, follow these steps:
- Log in to your GSU Student Portal
- Go to the left-hand menu, under Housing, click on Take Care of Business
- Scroll down the Take Care of Business page, click on the application that is called “Special Housing Request Form”
- Complete and submit the application
Students remaining in Prairie Place should expect the following:
- No guests/visitors are permitted in Prairie Place. No exceptions.
- All activities/programs in Prairie Place have been cancelled.
- No gatherings of 10 or more people are permitted. This is to promote social distancing in accordance with the Center for Disease (CDC) guidelines.
- The Prairie Place front desk will be open and available to assist you and address any emergencies
Incidents involving Disruptive Behavior (including large gatherings), Substance Use (controlled substances (i.e., drugs, including cannabis) and underage drinking), and violations of the Guests & Visitation prohibition will result in immediate summary suspension (removal) from housing.
will be open, in place of the cafeteria, to allow direct access to food in
Prairie Place for residents. A robust selection of grab-and-go items will
be available for purchase. You can continue to use either your Meal Plan funds,
your myONECARD funds, or cash/credit at the C-Store.
Monday – Friday
11:00 am – 2:00 pm
6:30 pm – 10:30 pm
Saturday & Sunday
6:30 pm – 10:30 pm
If you have
any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IF YOU LEAVE
If you are interested in cancelling your housing contract, given that the University has moved to all online courses until the end of the spring 2020 term, please complete the Petition for Contract Release. Due to the current climate of the University and the nation, University Housing is waiving the contract cancellation charge until further notice.
Here are the steps to complete the Petition:
• Log in to your GSU Student Portal
• Go to the left-hand menu, under Housing, click on Take Care of Business
• Scroll down the Take Care of Business page, click on the application that is called “Petition for Contract Release”
• Complete and submit the application
Once you submit the Petition, Housing will respond within 2-3 business days with an answer regarding your moveout date, Housing/Meal Plan charges, and any further information. Please be patient with our timeline as we are working to assist all of our resident students with the nation’s and University’s current climate.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at 708-235-7110 or email@example.com.