GSU will continue to provide information on the implementation of these measures designed to address the educational and safety needs of our campus community.
For more information about COVID-19 and Governor State’s response, please visit https://www.govst.edu/COVID-19/. You may also email questions directly to email@example.com. GSU's website is updated regularly and contains a Frequently Asked Questions section.
IF YOU ARE IN PRAIRIE PLACE
Students remaining in Prairie Place should expect the following:
- No guests/visitors are permitted in Prairie Place. No exceptions.
- All activities/programs in Prairie Place have been cancelled.
- No gatherings of 10 or more people are permitted. This is to promote social distancing in accordance with the Center for Disease (CDC) guidelines.
- The Prairie Place front desk will be open and available to assist you and address any emergencies
Incidents involving Disruptive Behavior (including large gatherings), Substance Use (controlled substances (i.e., drugs, including cannabis) and underage drinking), and violations of the Guests & Visitation prohibition will result in immediate summary suspension (removal) from housing.
Behaving in ways that threatens the safety and security of the building and residents will also result in immediate summary suspension (removal) from housing.
note that all persons entering Prairie Place are required to wear a face mask
that covers their nose and mouth fully. Face masks should be worn in
any common area of the building (such as the check-in tables in the Great Hall
and the front lobby/vestibule), in the elevator and/or stairwells of the
building, and in the hallways/common area lounges and kitchens/laundry room.
For your safety, and the safety of all in Prairie Place, please wear your face
masks/coverings properly and at all times when in public areas.
If you are interested in cancelling your housing contract, please complete the Petition for Contract Release.
Here are the steps to complete the Petition:
• Log in to your GSU Student Portal
• Go to the left-hand menu, under Housing, click on Take Care of Business
• Scroll down the Take Care of Business page, click on the application that is called “Petition for Contract Release”
• Complete and submit the application
Once you submit the Petition, Housing will respond within 2-3 business days with an answer regarding your moveout date, Housing/Meal Plan charges, and any further information. Please be patient with our timeline as we are working to assist all of our resident students with the nation’s and University’s current climate.
Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at 708-235-7110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.