Welcome to the Center for the Junior Year, where your sense of purpose aligns with what you do everyday.
The Center for the Junior Year offers all students preparing to transition into their junior year a place to talk about their educational and personal interests and how to find the right academic program to meet their needs. Through the Center, students will get a handle on their career interests and how to turn their interests into academic programs that meet their personal, professional, and educational goals.
How students engage with CJY:
• Students can sign up to meet with a Peer Success Coach who will work with them throughout the year
• Students can set up an appointment with the CJY staff
• Students can come during office hours for a walk-in session
Benefits of meeting with a CJY advisor:
• Get a better sense of your career/vocational direction and how to build an undergraduate education program that will help you best utilize the resources at GSU
• Think about how to integrate your field of study, experiential learning, and career development
• Learn how your field of study opens the doors to the "hidden job" market, professional school (e.g., Business, Law, Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Medical School) or graduate school
The Center is open Monday and Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Work With A Coach
You can create preparation and opportunities by crafting an undergraduate experience that fits your interest, talents, and career goals.
Meet Your Advisors
Our goal is simple: we here to help all students make the best of the opportunities GSU has to offer.
Learn how to open the doors to the "hidden job" market, or graduate or professional school (e.g., business, law, physical therapy/occupational therapy, medical school).