Our volunteer ushers are valued members of the Center for Performing Arts. They assist with Mainstage productions, Arts in Education and Rental events.
Center Ushers Are Expected to:
- Arrive at least one hour prior to the performance to allow time to sign-in, receive assignments, and pertinent information about the day's performance. Some performances require an earlier arrival time.
- Dress in a professional manner. Black & White formal attire, ideally.
- Have a flashlight and a name badge.
- Stuff programs with inserts.
- Usher, take and scan tickets, greet and direct patrons.
- Watch for patrons entering the house with prohibited drink, food or electronics.
- Watch the house for disruptive behavior or emergencies and notify house management.
- Remain at their assigned location. Close their assigned door(s) when house lights go down, open their assigned door(s) when house lights go up.
- Pick up programs, tickets, and inserts from floor after the performance.
- Check for lost items and give them to house management.
- Assist disabled patrons with accessible seating.
- Volunteer for a minimum of one Arts in Education show per season and one four-hour shift of a Dance Competition per season.
Questions? Contact Patron Services Manager Ingrid Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708.235.2239.
For all performance events, we need a minimum of five
ushers. The Usher Call Time is between 60-90 minutes prior to curtain.
Dance competitions have different and more specific ushering needs, and
if you are willing to work for any of those income producing rental
events please contact Ingrid at 708.235.2239 in advance to
confirm your participation and hours.