Sponsor a School for $2,500
Our ARTS IN EDUCATION series was created 22 years ago in response to drastic reduction in public school arts programs.
The Center offers literacy and curriculum based performances to grades PreK to 12. Study guides integrate arts into school curricula by helping teachers enrich students’ experiences with related classroom activities and discussions. View Current Season.
To ensure accessibility, we provide free cultural access to nearly 3,000 children annually through its MEDHURST CHILDRENS’ FUND. Established 2002, it offers free and subsidized tickets to Title I schools and offers comprehensive cultural experiences to four adopted schools from the most underserved communities. Adopt-a-school participants receive free tickets, books, and customized pre and post-performance workshops. These workshops better prepare students for taking the ISAT and participating in science fairs. For many students, these cultural trips are their first opportunities to experience performing arts and to be on a college campus.
Interested in sponsoring a school? Contact C. Kimberly Gonzalez
• One of the largest arts education presenters in Chicago’s Southland
• Annually serves over 20,000 children, teachers and parents
• Annually welcomes over 150 public schools
• Offers highly affordable $7 tickets for most arts in education performances
• Provides free tickets to teachers and chaperones so they can accompany their children
• Offers comprehensive arts immersion experiences to four adopted underserved public schools as part of Medhurst Fund (2,805 free tickets, workshops, backstage tours)
• Distributes study guides tailored to the Illinois Learning Standards