University Curriculum Committee (UCC) of the Faculty Senate
Role and Responsibility of the UCC
Faculty Senate Bylaws, Article VII, Section 5. (June 2013
The University Curriculum Committee. The University Curriculum Committee shall perform the following duties, as well as others as specified in the Standing Rules:
- Primary Task. Recommend approval, modification, or rejection of proposed academic curricula on a periodic basis, including use of criteria on the scope, level, and sequence of work, internal and external evaluation, admission requirements, culminating experiences, and qualification of teaching Faculty. The Committee review shall exclude analysis of cost, need, and allocation of resources.
- Advisory Role. Recommend approval, modification, or rejection of all new courses, all changes to existing courses, and existing courses on a periodic basis. The Committee shall use sets of criteria to evaluate program inclusion of minimal competency levels at the undergraduate and graduate level, relevancy to program objectives, overlap with existing courses, and student demand.
- Evaluative Role. Periodically recommend approval or modification of academic advising procedures including evaluating programs on consistency, assessment of effectiveness, and availability. In addition, the Committee shall periodically review the cumulative experiences of each graduate program, and use evaluation criteria to assess the relevancy of curriculum to program objectives, assessment procedures, extent of Faculty involvement, and record keeping.
- Shared Responsibility. The University Curriculum Committee shall forward all recommendations concerning graduate studies to the Executive Committee, and the committee shall present all major proposals to the Senate prior to approval.
- Olumide Ijose (2012-14) CBPA
- Carlos Ferran (2012-14) CBPA
- Joong-Won Shin (2013-15) CAS
- David Golland (2012-14) CAS
- Glenna Howell (2013-15) COE
- John Cook (2012-14) COE
- Roberta O'Shea (2012-14) CHHS (on Sabbatical)
- Melanie Ellexson (2012-14) CHHS
- (vacant) (2013-15) UL
- Beth Parin (2013-14) AT LARGE (Chair, AY13-14)
- Judy Berglund (2012-14) At Large
- Sandra Mayfield, Associate Provost
Course Numbering Procedure
Guidelines for Course Numbering
- Download the appropriate form, and check for specific items that go with specific forms.
- Secure the signatures of the faculty initiator, faculty curriculum coordinator from program/division/college, chair, and dean.
- Submit all documents, including the signed and scaned signature sheets, electronically to email@example.com and simultaneously to firstname.lastname@example.org, and if appropriate simultaneously to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send the hard-copy documents and signature sheets to the attention of the Provost's Office.
1. Submit a hard copy of each form and attachments to the Provost's Office, Attention: Veronica Hunt.
2. Submit e-copies of each form and attachments, as indicated on signatures forms, to the following:
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
IAI Rationale Template
New Program Requests (Annual Listings, RMEs, and RNUI)
IBHE RNUI Applications
Signature Sheets for RNUI and NOI
• In-Region RNUI: Part 1 of 5
• In-Region RNUI: Part 2 of 5
• In-Region RNUI: Part 3 of 5
• In-Region RNUI: Part 4 of 5
• In-Region RNUI: Part 5 of 5
Signature Sheets for RNUI and NOI
• Out-of-Region RNUI: Part 1 of 5
• Out-of-Region RNUI: Part 2 of 5
• Out-of-Region RNUI: Part 3 of 5
• Out-of-Region RNUI: Part 4 of 5
• Out-of-Region RNUI: Part 5 of 5
Other UCC Documents
• Course Prefix/Department Table
• Distance Education Definitions
• Syllabus Template 2013 -
Note: This 2013 Template of the Syllabus is on trial through Spring of 2014.
At the end of Spring 2014, UCC and the Faculty Senate will evaluate
the adequacy of the 2013 Template and update it as needed,
based on the evaluation results
• Certificate Change Request
• Delete Course Form
• General Education Listing Request
• New Course Form
• Program Curriculum Change Request
• Revise Course Form
• IBHE Program Review Forms
> Faculty Senate
> Office of the Provost
Updated 9/18/13 vh