Message from Conference Committee
The steering committee is pleased to announce the 19th Annual GSU Student Research Conference to be held on Tuesday, April 9, 2013.
For the past 18 years this conference has become a tradition in excellence, and we are confident that today again we will witness another session of quality presentations by our students.
This conference will be presented in its original format and with its original objectives:
- To provide students an opportunity to present their research work before an audience of their peers, and to use the comments they receive to improve presentations made at professional conferences.
- To provide a forum to highlight research accomplishments at GSU, and honor students presenting their research work.
- To generate enthusiasm among the student body in general, and encourage them to pursue research and other scholarly activities.
- To enhance communications in the area of research among the four colleges at GSU. The interactions may also lead to collaborative work among students and faculty of different colleges.
- To enhance the image of GSU in the area of teaching, as research is considered an integral part of teaching at the university level. In the long run a larger number of students attracted to research would enroll at GSU to pursue higher education.
The committee hopes that you will enjoy the conference, that you share in the excitement of doing research, and that you will look forward to participating in future student and professional conferences.