If you learn to use public transportation in Chicago quickly, you will be able to go anywhere at low cost.
Governors State University is less than an hour's drive from downtown Chicago and is easily accessible by commuter train or car.
Direction by Commuter Train and by Car
Driver's Licenses For Foreign Nationals
Since, January 3, 2005, the Illinois Secretary of State's Office has been issuing temporary driver's licenses for foreign nationals who are ineligible for Social Security Numbers (SSN).
To apply for a driver's license, you must have the following:
- Proof of authorization to remain in the U.S. for at least one year and have at least six months remaining on the authorized stay
- Proof of full-time enrollment
- Copy of Form I-20
- I-94 card
- Proof of current address in U.S.
- Carry automobile registration and proof of insurance in your car.
- Carry a valid driver's license.
- Understand and obey the traffic laws.
- Maintain insurance for your automobile at all times.
- Wear your seatbelt at all times while driving.
Illinois drivers are required to have liability car insurance. Failure to comply with this law can result in fines and even the suspension of driving privileges.