Library Services for Alumni
The University Library welcomes alumni that wish to continue using the library's collections and services following graduation. Library services vary according to the level of membership in the Alumni Association.
The three types of membership, Basic, Premium, and Life, are explained on the Alumni Association Membership page. For more information on other alumni benefits, contact the Alumni Office at 708-534-4128.
Services with Basic Alumni Association membership
Onsite use of GSU Library resources:
- Library computers may be used by obtaining a guest login pass at the reference desk.
- Onsite access to library databases*
- Wireless access
- Attendance at library workshops
- General books collection
- Periodicals and microforms collection
- Reference collection
- Archive materials. Access procedures are explained on the Archives Policy page.
Services with Premium and Life Alumni Association membership
- All library privileges in Basic Membership are included.
- Borrowing privileges with Alumni Premium Membership Card for the following materials:
- General Collection Books - No limit on number of books checked out. Loan period is 8 weeks.
- Government Documents - No limit on number of items checked out. Loan period is 8 weeks.
- Materials Center Books - No limit on number of items checked out. Loan period is 4 weeks with no renewals.
- CD-ROM Sound Disks (audio books) - Limit of 4 items at a time. Loan period is 4 weeks with no renewals.
- Loan periods for all library materials can be viewed on the Circulation Loan Policies page.
*Due to licensing restrictions, we are unable to offer off-campus database access to alumni.