COMS420 : Communication Research
For assistance contact:
Dr. Michel Nguessan
Visit the library web site at http://www.govst.edu/library for general information about the library.
Your Library ID Number and Registration P.I.N are essential to accessing databases & full text from home and renewing library books online. Your Library ID Number contains 14 digits starting with 21611000 + your 6-digit GSU Student ID Number. Go to http://www.govst.edu/library/id/ for details.
GSU Library Catalog(ILLINET Online)
Go to the GSU Library home page and click on the GSU Library Catalog link. Here you will find where books, videos, and reserves are located in our library and other cooperating libraries. Titles of journals owned by GSU can be identified with a title search. Use your Library ID Number to request books from other libraries and to access the My Account feature to renew books.
Indexes/Full Text Journal Articles
These titles are print subscriptions maintained by the library. To determine which database might contain an article in full text, go to the Full-text Journals List. To access the databases below and more, go to http://www.govst.edu/library/acs/
- ProQuest – General interest index with full text to several journals.
- Academic Search Complete (EBSCO) General interest index with full text to several journals.
- Communication & Mass Media Complete - Communication & Mass Media Complete provides the most robust, quality research solution in areas related to communication and mass media.
- FirstSearch - Includes ERIC (education topics) and the full text database ArticleFirst
- ProQuest Psychology Journals -Provides access to full-text retrieval of articles in almost 300 journals.
- PsycARTICLES - Find full text articles on current issues in psychology and related fields from respected sources, spanning from 1988 to present. Includes more that 25,000 full text articles from 42 journals published by the American Psychological Association and allied organizations.
When books are unavailable through the GSU Library Catalog or articles are not included in GSU's print or full-text online journals collections, place an Interlibrary Loan Request for the materials at the ReferenceDesk or online. Allow 2-3 weeks for material to arrive.
Request a Book via Interlibrary Loan
Request a Journal Article via Interlibrary Loan
Elements of a Research Article
- Introduction - states problem and cites past literature
- Methods - discusses research design, subjects used and data analysis methods.
- Results - evaluates statistical significance.
- Discussion - does it answer the research question, what is the future research?
- Bibliography - lists references cited.
Web Resources for Communication and Training
GSU Resources in Communications Studies web page has links relevant to your research.
Evaluate web sites to be sure they are appropriate for your research.
Resources for Writing Research Papers
For further assistance with your research, contact me at 235-2143 or email@example.com.